cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize the alert API in PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently alert API AlertRetrieveAPI and AlertRetrieveAPI_V2 is the standard API provided by SAP having fixed no. of of fields and payload but is there any way to extend this api to get more information like idoc no. or business related data for business use which can help end users also to understand the API.From which tables it extracts the data in backend ?

Thanks,

RJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ, you can add message payload to the alert as described in SAP Help - Modifying Rules.

Please also refer to for setup and use of attributes from payload.

regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I don't want to add the payload.I just want to add extra fields in the body of the email.

Thanks,

RJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as I understand your requirement, you want to

get more information like idoc no. or business related data

That means you have to extract the idoc no. or business related data from the message payload and transfer it to the alert in order to use this data when generating an alert for the mail.

So in the SAP help link I provided, you have to consider this:

Set whether the message payload should be part of the alert.

You must configure the user-defined search feature for the corresponding runtime components in advance as described in the prerequisites above. Consider that the only payload information that could appear in the alert is the one that matches the search criteria you defined when configuring the user-defined search feature.