Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables referred to by Runtime Workbench - Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Hope you are doing well.

We have a requirement in which we have to automate the sending of the count of messages sent out of the adapter engine per receiver. I know the tables that are referred to for fetching the messages counts in the Integration engine (SXMB_MONI) since they are in the ABAP stack but can somebody let me know which tables are referred to from the Runtime workbench - Adapter engine (Java stack)?

<Removed by Moderator>

regards

Debansu

Message was edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BC_MSG is the table where AE messages get stored, you can perform select / count operations on this table to get daily statistics.

Personally i dont recommend you to perform any DB operations on PI internal table.

Even you can build one java application and access RWB message monitorings screen to display results.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to read java table and access it using java application class, you might want to check this thread...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1561590

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar and Raja Sekhar and sorry for the late reply,

My requirement is to send a daily report via email (once a day) giving the count of messages sent out to each of the different FTP servers from PI adapter engine. Is this doable?

For e.g., if I am sending messages converted to files to FTP servers a, b and c, then my email has to contain the data as shown below.

Server a --> x files (since each message corresponds to a file)

Server b --> y files

Server c --> z files on <date> with x, y and z being the counts of the files/messages sent out on that particular date.

regards

Debansu

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debansu,

If you want to send daily statistics for only few interfaces then try below approach,

Create external table in ECC/DB ,every day start counter with 1 and increment by one every interface run, end of day send report as an email.

Not sure above approach will work on..think abut it

cheers,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another way is create filename based on the target system i.e Example..  fedex12345.xml or UPS12345.xml. After you move to the folder using ftp protocol,  Create  a script that reads number of files of each target system based on the file name for a particular day and use java mail or some sort of mail tool to send the mail. THis is totally out of PI effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

Thanks. That is the idea that I had when I started analyzing the requirement, i.e. using the integration engine tables in XI - ABAP stack, take a count of the messages and send out the count by executing a report program but that might not give a correct picture since the message might get processed successfully in the IE but fail in the AE. So for the correct file count, we need to give the statistics based on the data in AE.

Hi Baskar,

Can I develop a Java program to read the tables referrred to by the AE in the java stack and take the count from there? I will have to find out a way to access the tables.

If these tables reside in an Oracle database, then can't I use JDBC communication channel once a day (via communication channel scheduling) to read these tables and pass on the data to SAP ECC (not the XI ABAP stack) via proxy and from there send out an email with the statistics? Let me know what you think of this idea.

regards

Debansu

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I will have to find out a way to access the tables.

You might want to check this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/626995

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks again. I will try to look for ways to reach the table at database level since the table is not reachable in XI and I am getting the message 'table not active'. Let me keep the thread open and update the same with my findings.

regards

Debansu