SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization group behaviour in Sponsored Objects and Grants

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I have a little confusion about authorization group field in GMCLASS,GMPROGRAM and GMGRANT T code. Unlike Authorization group fields in FI-GL where we assign it externally as per the sequence , in GM we have to configure the authorization group in customizing . Why it is so? We only want to allow user display, post to and change grants which they are allowed so when this is controlled via Authorization group then what is point in creating them in customizing side. It means whenever there is a new addition of grant master then there should be a creation of this group in customizing ? Please correct me if i am wrong ...

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

The authorization group is a key that connects authorizations by user group to the master data to be restricted. If you have two user groups (e.g. Dept 1 and Dept 2) you create two authorization groups e.g. DEP1 and DEP2. You can then assign the authorization group in user authorizations based on the group. While maintaining master data on the application side you enter the authorization group (e.g. DEP1 or DEP2) in the master data depending on which group should have access.

Given this model, it is important to restrict creation of new authorization groups hence this is done in configuration.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

The authorization group is a key that connects authorizations by user group to the master data to be restricted. If you have two user groups (e.g. Dept 1 and Dept 2) you create two authorization groups e.g. DEP1 and DEP2. You can then assign the authorization group in user authorizations based on the group. While maintaining master data on the application side you enter the authorization group (e.g. DEP1 or DEP2) in the master data depending on which group should have access.

Given this model, it is important to restrict creation of new authorization groups hence this is done in configuration.

Thanks

Shyam