cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan changes not showing up in 04 inspection lots, but are in 89 inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master inspection characteristics were added to an inspection plan.  Inspection setup for material creates type 04 inspection lots with early lot creation.  New inspection lots, for production orders created after savings changes to the plan, do not include the added mics, but 89 lots do.  Additional information:  The newly added mics have been included in the formula for a calculated characteristic.  The 04 inspection lots no longer show this mic as calculated. 

Can anyone help me discover the disconnect between the inspection plan changes and the 04 inspection lots?

Thank you in advance for consideration.

Gail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check whether the Task list usage of the Inspection plan mapping to the Task list uage of the Inspection lot .
  2. Go to QA02 -> Inspection Specifications tab,

• Check the Correct Task list Group has been assigned under Assigned Specifications.
  • Check the Key date Showing in the Specification Selection area.This should be equal or after the date when you have changed the Inspection plan.
  • Assuming your Inspection lot in REL status,If the key date is before the date when you have changed the Inspection plan,then folllow the below steps:
    • Navigate to QAC3,Enter your Inspection lot ,press enter and Save it to do Sample Reset Calculation.
    • Navigate to QA02 ,Enter the Inspection lot , change the key date as it is equal or after the Inspection plan change date and click "Task List/Spec" button to assign the inspection plan.
    • Now you will be able to see the changes that you have made in the Inspection plan while results recording.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

-Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

This is the action I need to correct the lots. Only two out of about 40 are in REL status, the rest are INSP RREC.  What can I do inside results recording for these lots to return them to REL status so I may update the task list assignment?

Thank you.

Gail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gail,

It is not possible to revert status from INSP to REL for lot. If you want to do this than you need to cancel GRN and create new GRN. It will cancel existing lot and create new lot with new GRN.

So, First cancel GRN and than update inspection plan with accurate key date as per lot creation date.

Regards,

Sandip

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding the flow is as follows.

1. You assign inspection type in material master
  2. You create inspection plan
  3. Then you do GR through MIGO. And here the plan created in step 2 gets assigned to inspection lot.
  4. Then you changed inspection plan (added few MICs in QP02 in the same plan created in step 2)
  5. Now you want the same should get reflect against the inspection lot created  in step 3.

This wouldn't!  It takes effect from next inspection lots. Try creating new inspection lot in to your test system after changing inspection plan. You will find that modified plan gets assigned to this new lot. But for earlier lots it will not change.

Regards, Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't update the lot with the plan changes once inspection is under way.  You can add additional characteristics manually to the lot if desired.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sandip.  In this particular case, it is not an option, due to the early lot creation - the GR has not even happened yet.  The entire production order would have to be deleted, which will cause havoc in the production department.  I do agree with your suggestion, thank you again.

Gail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fire Fighter,

Thank you for this helpful suggestion, I had forgotten about that option.  However, when these MICs were created, they were not completed maintained, so I cannot copy them into the lot.  I was unable to edit this aspect of the MIC, also.  That is a new topic.

I suggested to the user to cancel the inspection and create manual 04 type lots to house the results.  This will be sufficient for this particular incident.

Gail

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Gail,

Are you using some interface for results recording like LIMS. If yes then SAP will show status of lots as RREC when inspection lots are downloaded to LIMS. Please check the status of MIC in results resocrding screen. It will show as MIC is downloaded to LIMS even when results are not visible. This is because SAP assumes that results will be recorded in LIMS once lot is downloaded there.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gail,

It is possible that these lots for which changes are not visible are created through process order GR before the changes for plan were carried out.

Please check the time stamp on lot and plan changes.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the usage maintained in that Inspection Plan??

Based on the Inspection Type configuration for the usage, system will take appropriate inspection plan.

Check the Inspection Type configuration for the usage maintained. Update the MIC in that specific Inspection plan to get updated in 04 Inspection lots.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gail, go to change inspection lot tab in QA32 for this lot. Click on insp.specification tab. Check which group number is being assigned there? Is it the same one for which you added additional MICs in QP02? Possibly you are editing a plan with different usage. Also try by creating new order in test server.

Anand