cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Rounding in GATP (SCM and ECC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need help/advice to configure case rounding scenario in GATP.

Using ECC and SCM.

Steps that I have done so far in Configuration under SCM Basis.

1. Define number range for Packaging Specifications

2.Determine Packaging Specifications

1. Create field catalog - Using Standard fields as of now.

2. Create condition table - Using SAP standard table which has product and supplying unit(location)

3. Maintained Access Sequence - assigned Condition table with Free key

4. Maintain Condition Type - assigned Acess sequence

5. Determine procedure - assigned Condition Type

3. Maintain Structure for Packing Specification

1. Define level type: Selected level quant - 1 set to 1 and Checked Rounding relevant field

2. Define Element Type - Thou not used for my scenario I guess

3. Define Level Set -

1. Assigned Condition type

2. Assigned Level Type

3. Assigned Element Type

4. Define Packaging Specification Group:

1. Assigned Number Range

2. Assigned Level set

3. Checked Activie with CT

4. Distribution  - Local

Used transaction code /scwm/packspec - to maintain packaging specification and have selected package size oriented rounding method.

After determination and activation of packaging spec, When I run the rounding simulation for the specific product n location I get an message "Rounding Display not Possible"

Can some one let me know what have I missed?

Thanks,

PN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Did you activated rounding in ECC, please refer below for how to do that.

Activate the rounding via userexit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001. The flag P_ATPCSX- 

Rounding needs to be set to X to activate the rounding in APO later. Please be aware that

the activation of the rounding via packaging specification is a modification and will not be 

supported by SAP standard support ! Please test the system behavior carefully as you might 

create "under confirmations" or "over confirmations" which could lead to several problems 

(delivery creation, closing a sales order, etc...) in your ECC and APO system.

Please try and let me know about specific issues you face if any.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Client requires to round based on Unit of Measure in APO before it sends the confirmation quantity to ECC.

Do you have any idea how to go forward or what user exists should be implemented?

Thanks,

Nihar

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

You can use exit mentioned by me in my previous post, for rounding to sales unit (that is what you are referring to, i believe) please refer below link from SAP help with detailed explanation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/EN/25/b0c23ba6af1855e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please let me know if you still face any issue in here.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

We are not using CRM and SAP ECC Enterprise Extension Defense Forces & Public Security.

To round to sales unit we must be having SAP ECC Enterprise Extension Defense Forces & Public Security as prerequisite right?

After the confirm quantity comes to APO, rouding should happen before the confirm quantity goes to ECC where Product Availability check, RulesBased, BOP, IBOP are triggered in a user exit.

Thanks,

Nihar

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Great, well that is the case with every standard case of rounding with ECC and SCM, standard SAP doesn't support that.

You can use below mentioned method for activate rounding though, mentioned precaution are required here.

"Activate the rounding via userexit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001. The flag P_ATPCSX- 

Rounding needs to be set to X to activate the rounding in APO later. Please be aware that

the activation of the rounding via packaging specification is a modification and will not be

supported by SAP standard support ! Please test the system behavior carefully as you might

create "under confirmations" or "over confirmations" which could lead to several problems

(delivery creation, closing a sales order, etc...) in your ECC and APO system."

To achieve this functionality through standard route you can explore RBATP calculation profile.

Also you can refer to below note for more info on this.

Rgds

Sourabh