cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect WIP amount in controlling area currency for projects in currency different than controlling crea currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have an interesting problem.  I am running results analysis for a project that is in a company code currency that differs from the controlling area currency. We manage projects all over the world yet our our controlling area currency is that of our global headquarters.  When we run results analysis the WIP is first calculated by the following method WIP is calculated in the controlling area currency and then in the calculation is run a second time in the company code/project currency.  The problem with this is that the WIP is calculated from the POC that is being derived from a budget and transactions that have occurred and different translation rates throughout the course of the project.  This results in a case where we will reach 100% completed in our project currency and a WIP/costs in excess of billings not equal to 0 in our controlling area currency we then have to adjust this with a posting to the foreign currency gain/loss account.

Is there a way that when results analysis is run to have the WIP in company code/project currency currency calculated based on POC but in the controlling area currency to simply convert the WIP calculated in company code currency to controlling area currency by using the translation rate at the end of the month?

By not recalculating the POC in controlling area currency we avoid having to make adjustments based on the compounded effect of multiple translation rates throughout the course of the project.

Thanks,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I still have not found a solution to this problem.  Please let me know if you come across anything that might be useful.

Thank you,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible, as you can see that nowhere in customization of RA(except settlement) at Company code level or option to choose currency type.

You will need to live with that! Try ask OSS, if they can provide you something.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thank you for your response. I understand that it may not be possible to achieve my requirements through basic configuration.  I am considering a custom solution to this problem. Do you know of any user exits that can be used during results analysis?

Thanks,

Simon

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Did you get any soluion for this. Can you please share the same with me. I am facing the same issue with RA in PS.

Thanks

Jyoti