cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Jars in ESO Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing upgrade from wave 7.0 to 9.0 and the upgrade complete now we need to do the post upgrade activities. In the upgrade document they mentioned to verify custom jars to correct imports. Can someone help me to how to find whether our ESO application using jar files or not and how to check imports in those jar files.

Regards,

Gurvi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

The deployment of custom jar file(s) is part of the installation or update of the application software which is usually a basis activity (just the deployment part).

You should check with the Basis team to find out if there were any custom jar files deployed in version 7 of software. If there aren't anything then you may not have to do anything.

If there are custom jar file(s) then, you will have to work with the developers to ensure that the code developed in wave 7 is compatible for Wave 9.

I hope this helps/

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Unfortunately Basis team is saying functional people should know about custom jars and they do not know how to check custom jars exists in the server. Are you sure Basis people should be able to search for custom jars in the server?

Regards,

Gurvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

Yes Basis person who may have done the installation initially will certainly know about the custom jar files. It is correct that the functional and/or technical team create the actual custom jar file. However, Basis should know the steps to deploy the custom jar file.

If Basis is not sure of any custom jar file, I think there may not be any custom jar files deployed.

One other thing that might help if you identify that a custom jar file exists is, check if there is any custom schedule tasks are created or if there are any custom script definitions that could using to invoke code in the custom jar files.

Regards,

Parankush

0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

You could ask your Basis team to check the “custom” directory under the home directory where Sourcing is installed. If there are any custom jars it will be in that directory.

If there are none, you can assume there are no custom jars in your deployment.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your answer.

If I find custom jars how do i modify to update the imports statements. Can we open them? I heard we cannot open them.

Regards,

Gurvi.

0 Kudos

Hi Gurvi,

That’s correct, you can’t modify the jar directly. You would have to get the source code and make the necessary changes, compile it, create a jar and deploy it.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Can you please help me to understand what is the process to get the source code and modify. And is this task should be done be ESO technical consultant or Basis consultant?

Regards,

Gurvi.