cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM - Support Team Determination by Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everbody,

I want to determine the support team according to some categories.

Therefor I tried to create a rule with BRFplus. The simulation works, but when I create a incident or service request in the Web-UI the support team is not detected automatically.

So, then I create a rule with the Rule Modeler in the Web-UI. With the same result.

Can you help me, what I have to do, that the support team is detected automatically when I choose a categorie? Is there some preconfiguration I missed? I have copied the transactions into the Y-Namespace with the procedure in transaction solman_setup under IT-Servicemanagement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if your issue got resolved.?

Regards

Rishav

0 Kudos

Thanks for the post, Richter.

We are doing the configuration for Automatic Support Team Determination. Our idea is to configure it using the Multi-Level Categorization.

According to the document posted in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31396, this kind of configuration is possible (2. Support Team Determination via BRFplus).

When creating the Decision Table, whe choose Insert Column -> from context Data Objects. The query results don't show the option of using multi-level categorization, despite mentioned in the documentation.

Is it possible tyo use the Multi-Level Categorization for automatic team determination?

Do you have a document with the main paths for this configuration?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Rodrigo

rishav54
Active Contributor

Hi,

You can proceed for the support team determination, proceed as below in the decision table

Decision table

Very important: If you are defining the support team using categorization; it will pick the 4th level categorization id if it is there otherwise 3rd or latest available.

Also you need to activate and deactivate the actions as shown below.

It will definitely work hope you have maintained application id in the action also.

Please let me know if you are facing any issues.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maddy I decided to take the BRFplus funktionallity.

But I have another question. How can I activate the Dispatchfunktion?

I read this document (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31396) and use the IMG activity "Assign Dispatching Rule Profile to Transaction Types" to configure like point 4. (see the screenshot)

What else do i have to configure, that the function is availible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, its fine, But this standard dispatch action is manual one,

And from the screenshot you are assigned the standard route service manager profile SAP_SRQMROUTING. you also can built up your own route policy assign to the service manager profile and try. some of the steps here http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2008/helpdata/en/02/fb762cb7b5400cb716b0876561a5d5/frameset.htm

Contact some crm team to help.

But may I knw are you able to see the dispatch button as given in the guide.

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can determine the responsible service group and service employee based on categories in service transaction with the help of actions.  You can define the responsible org units for codes and specify the org rule and partner function in method call CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 in actions.

Regards

Maddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Did you read this document ? https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000514582011E.PDF

There is support team determintion example according to SAP components.

Please try and choose cat. ID instead of SAP Component (p.15).

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, it works now with BRFplus 🙂

I forgot step 5.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

i am trying to configure the team determination just as you did , i choose Cat ID an BRF+ but i dunno what filed to set in the incident form that is equivilent to the Cat ID. in the BRF+

Regards,

Ahmed Salam.