cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual admin issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During some configuration at visual admin, unfortunately I went to security provider -->evalute assertion ticket here i changed to evelute assertionticket. During part of BEX integration with portal ,Unfortuantely by mistaken I also changed security provider --> Ticket to evalute assertion ticket.

Normally it was authentication template "no" . but unfortunately i have chenged to evalute assertion ticket.

Then restrted the J2ee engine.Now j2ee_admin can not login fom visual admin. Also no users can login to portal system.

But j2ee is up and running.How to revert back above settings.This is very urgent because this system is Production.

Thanks

Kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I too did a similar mistake and activated SAP* user and reverted the Authentication Template to NO. Then I de-activated SAP* user and tried to login using Administrator user, but the VA stops at 99%. But if I try using the Administartor account and pwd to login to the portal (using port number in the URL) it works.

Please let me know what would have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Mani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene ,

This can be done through the config tool located at

D:\usr\sap\C4R\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\configtool

Run the configtool.bat .Here you can activate the emergency user SAP*.Follow the following steps

go in to configtool and navigate to

Global server configuration -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service

Set the following properties

ume.superadmin.activated true

ume.superadmin.password Enter any password of your choice.

Choose save with the quick info text Apply changes.

Restart the AS Java.

Now the user SAP* is activated and you can revert back your changes.

Don't forget to deactivate the emergenvy user

with Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

I think you can try it out through the configuration tool by executing the file configtool.bat

Regards,

Abhishek