cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field creation and mandatory !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is a requirement that a new field "Estimated cost" to be created and it has to  make mandatory, currently we are on EHP5,

could anybody suggest how to get this requirement done.

Best regards,

Devendra Reddy D.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Devendra

This can only be made mandatory in trip schema PL for WD ABAP (did you try already the transaction FITVFELD_WEB and set HEAD_PERIO-ESTIMATED_COST as "required"?) but it cannot be made mandatory for thye GUI tcode TRIP.

I just checked this in our EHP5 version and should be working without any issue if you set it as required field.

cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

Thanks for immediate reply, could you please tell how to make it mandatory as i am able to find the below shot,

Best regards,

Devendra Reddy D.

0 Kudos

It isnt mandatory as such but more a required field!

Gives you the following which will give hard error if total cost is not entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

In the same way could you please suggest travel services making mandatory as i am not able to find teh same.

0 Kudos

Do you mean for Travel Plan? Trip schema PL is a little bit limited as to what can be made required/mandatory field because of the underlying processes beneath them  - all you can do in standard is activate the "entry of travel services" for the trip schema PL itself but then this field appears but cannot be made mandatory.

Its not really logical either to make it a required or mandatory field as the end user may not have services planned at this point and so to force an entry of that is not really neccessary.

0 Kudos

You might want to have a look at the wiki page I wrote which deals with the topic of customizing for trip schema PL

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/dAQ5E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

Thanks a lot for the information provided.

Best Regards,

Devendra Reddy D.

Answers (0)