cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a PDF copy of PO output from ECC6 to SUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented SRM 7 of SUS and would like to send the PDF copy of the PO output in the XML document of a PO that was sent to SUS. In SUS I would like to see the PDF Copy of the PO output  whenever  I open the  PO screen. Appreciate if anybody has done this can share technically how this can be achieved?

Regards,

Ku Ibrahim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ku Ibrahim,

In SUS supplier able to see PO in pdf format .Can you elaborate we you need to explicitly send PDF data .

Its SRM standard functionality where SRM PO available in pdf format .

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purchase Order is electronically received into the SUS system. Supplier may decide to receive a notification when a PO received & supplier will login to see the purchase order. After logging into the system, the supplier may download the purchase order in the PDF format.

I have come across a scenario where all the information that is used to create the purchase order, will also need to be output to the buyer (Same as required by Ku Ibrahim). This is of no meaning when thinking in SAP or IT as we trust what MM sends is what SUS gets.

How ever, it makes sense in the business cases where the buyer being non IT & would like to have audit on the purchase order information sent to suppliers - and for support purposes where the supplier may claim he received a wrong or incomplete information due to a misunderstanding or bug in the system.

My ABAP has implemented this as a custom logic in an implicit enhancement point (SRM 701) after the sap standard COMMIT WORK statement which generates the purchase order number in SUS system. You may ask your ABAP to debug from the point of COMMIT WORK and call the SMART FORM function module, then send the PDF output by email to the PO requester. Please note that, the PO requester will not exist in the SUS system - so you will need to either send your PO requester email address along with the PO creation request or call the get_user_detail BAPI (in ERP) from SUS to send the email. There will be delays in this process, as you will have to wait until the PO number is generated & you will be required to do another COMMIT WORK for the email to be sent out.