cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profitability Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any body tell me in detail which T code or procedure we have to use in SAP PS  to perform the profitability analysis? We already have actual cost and revenues for the projects.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP you carry out Month end closing activities. In order to carry out this activity, you post all period based data on the project. Subsequently data relevant for Profitability analysis can be determined for the given period and then this data can be settled to COPA.

This data can be evaluated in the project information system or in Profitability analysis.

Refer SAP help for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/7a/4c3aad4a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Tushar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the transaction code KE30 to get  PA reports.

Regards,

Sudhakar*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wanted to see the final out results of COPA, you can use the KE24, input the record type 'I" and WBS element (billing element which was assigned to sales document).

At the same time is advaisable to understand the basics of Profitability Analysis and its deriving factors you need to discuss with your CO guy or read the help documents. In this regard you also need to understand the Result Analysis process and settlement of actual costs which is predecor process steps of Profitability Analysis (COPA) results. COPA is not mandatroy funtion to implement here.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks to all of you for your quick response.here i would like to bring in your knowledge that i have already made the settlement of the actual cost and revenue to the cost center and PSG respectively.i am performing the results analysis as well in KKA2 but there message i am getting that "network act.belongs to  business area 2000  and actual ignored". Now i have two questions?

1.How to rectify this inconsistency of the Business area?As WBS and some of the networks have different business area..cost has been posted to it and it is grayed out even if we try to change it in cj20n.

2.As you said, Results analysis is the predecessor for the profitability analysis.Could you please elaborate how it is linked with Profitability analysis?

really thanks as you have suggested to go through the Help and results analysis ,i am already in the process,But this will be a great help for me if you could hint me on these two issues.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Mass change functionality to change the values.

Please discuss with your CO guy and read help documents.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

RA does not work cross-company code.  Is looks like you have a NWA in one comapny code and the WBS element in another.  You first need to settle the NWA actual costs to the WBS element (this will be  a cross-company code posting) and then you can run RA on the WBS element and it will include all of the costs.

Once you have ran and saved RA you can perform the settlement to PA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply.Here the company code is the same.Business area is different for WBS element and NWA.cost has already been posted so not able to change the business area.

Regards

Ramakrishna 

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can take report from KE30 t-code COPA based.

Regards,

Sanjeev