Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to set breakpoint at runtime while debugging

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ALL ,

I have a problem while debugging in Production Client.

While debugging I am not able to set break point at runtime.

I don't have deep knowledge in BASIS , kindly apologize if this is a very basis question. I searched a lot but was not able to get any solution.

Fig 1 : As in Production Client

Fig 2 : As in Quality Client , here you can see that I am able to set breakpoint.

So what is the exact reason for this , I mean am I missing with any particular Authorization Object in my role or any other reasons.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SE80 (ABAP Workbench) select Utilities->Settings. Choose ABAP Editor tab and select Front-End Editor (New). After that you can set breakpoints as in Fig.2.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Million thanks Roman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

Mostly Basis will not give debug authorization in Production Client because of live data. Just check with your basis team, whether they have provided debug authorization for ABAP Programs.

Regards,

Zakir Appas

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zakir ,

Actually I have debugger authorization , that's why I am able to run /h command over programs.

A separate User ID with mainly Display authorization has been given to me .

When I told about this matter to BASIS guy he was not able to figure out the issue , he compared my Profile with other IDs as well , but he was not able to figure out . So, from his side I have posted this thread so that I can skip 10000 lines of unnecessary loop passes