cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a view of current Window as Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created a window W_MAIN and I placed two views in that namely V_MAIN and V_POPUP. Now I wish to call the V_POPUP view as a popup from V_MAIN view.

Moreover in Popup view, I need to take a input from the user,that's why I am unable to use the conventional popup.

Is it possible ?..Or I must need to create another window..to embed the V_POPUP view..?

Suggest me..

Regards,

SreeKanth Seelam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreekanth ,

Defiantly it is not possible to call the window which already open .

you will get error like

• Instance of the view XXX already exists in component

Anyways if you want to create customizing view then you have to create anther window for pop up .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

But my doubt is, the conventional popup which asks confirmations, is using the same window to populate, similar to that why don't we display a view like that.

Regards,

SreeKanth Seelam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume u r asking about create_popup_to_confirm  method of if_wd_window_manager .

This method is standard method and it is only for asking confirmation .

In this method u cannot display your View  because it is only for asking confirmation .

thanks and regards,

Anup banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Anup,

I know that, But similar to that way, can we able to create an internal window and display our view in that?

Regards,
SreeKanth Seelam

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SreeKant,

Tell me if I'm wrong: you want to:

- create a view in an existing WD Component to be used as popup;

- this view should allow user selection;

- at the OK button pressure, value inserted from the user should be returned to the caller view.

If that's your case, then I did something similar some time ago...

Can't access the system right now, anyway I remember I created a new Window via Enhancement, in which I put my custom view. Then I triggered via code the popup and bounded the OK button action to a method of the caller...

What's your difficulty in approaching that task?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monatalto,

You are saying that use a separate a window, and then embed this view into that window..And then call that window via popup...Am I right..?

But my question is, Can we call the view of current window as a popup..without creating an extra window..

Anup cleared my doubt, if we call like that,the following error rises, as the window is already in open state...

--> Instance of the view XXX already exists in component

Regards,

SreeKanth Seelam

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SreeKant,

yes, you're right, that's an approach you can easily implement also using the wizard.

As far as I know, it's not possible to trigger a popup with a view that it's in the current window,  In fact, as you told, current window is already open and triggering another instance of that will result in an error.

However, what's the problem in creating a new window for that scope?

Please provide further information about your requirement; there will surely be a solution that doesn't break your dev constraints.

(Does the action that leads to popup trigger an event? If so, you could add a dialog box via Component Configuration)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreekanth ,

No this is not possible ! As far i know there is nothing concept like internal window.

And why you have such type requirement that you do not need to create other window for pop-up .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Anup,

But in my case, I have a window which consists of 2 views for say, V_MAIN,V_PLAN.

From V_MAIN, I will call a popup and then I need to switch to V_PLAN view from the popup.

If I placed V_POPUP view in other window, I am not able to switch to V_PLAN,because there is no window to window navigation..

That is the case, which forces me towards this question..

Regards,

SreeKanth Seelam

anoop_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sree ,

Though your question is very valid one, but the answer is quit simple , a webdynpro application while loading creates  a view assembly for the window, this view assembly makes sure that there is only one instance for the object (View) , now ur question is Why we have only one instance  ? well as you know we have a method called "WDDOMODIFYVIEW" , this method will is used to rebuild the ui elements in the view , hence to maintain a unique identity to the view , the assembly has to make sure that only one instance of the view can be loaded ..

Best Regards,

_______________________________________________________________________________​​

Anoop Gupta | Blog: http://anoopgupta20.blogspot.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create another window for the view you want to show as popup and use the wizard to call it as popup.

Yes, its possible.

-Manish