cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRCONNECT 7.20 and EXADATA - help with initSID.ora parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to run BRCONNECT 7.20 > PL18 from the Windows SAP server.  We have added the 3 parameters with the values we believe to be correct but when we run the command it fails with the copy of the SPFILE to the PFILE.  The SPFILE it is using is X:\oracle\SID\112\database\initSID.ora and not the ASM SPFILE (+DATA/RND/112...).

Is there something else we need to do to tell the BRCONNECT that this is an ASM/EXADATA database?

We would also like to confirm the values of the asm_ora_sid, asm_ora_home and asm_root_dir are correct.  Could you provide the queries to extract this information from the EXADATA system?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thiago_cavalheiro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Doug,

First recommendation I have is for you to update BR*Tools to the latest patch level (30 as of today if I am not mistaken).

Please note that BR*Tools needs to be executed directly on the database server. Please go through the note bellow to help you:

1598594 - BR*Tools configuration for Oracle inst. under "oracle" user

Best regards,

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thiago.

The brconnect is being called by the SUM tool (SP7) in the PREP_SPACECHK phase.  Not sure how I will get the upgrade to run it on the database server.

Do you have any idea on how to query the EXADATA server to list the database details for the ASM parameters in the initSID.ora file?

Regards

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doug,

please refer to Note 1627541 - BR*Tools support for Oracle ASM and Exadata for configuration guidance.

Parameters values you are asking should be easily checked by your database administrator.

Make sure you have r disk_asynch_io having the default value of TRUE and filesystemio_options should be set to SETALL in database parameters.

Answers (0)