cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Listener Password for Oracle 9.2.0.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for information on configuration needed for "stopsap" when password is set up for the 9i listener.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inho,

When a listener password is set, you don't need a special configuration to start/stop sap.

The password is to protect the listener operation, not the connection to it.

It's started with the ora<sid> user before the sap instance starts, and stopped after it stops.

Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That applies to 10g listener, not 9i. To stop 9i listener , we need to supply password if listener password is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you're right. But user <sid>adm don't need to "know" the listener password, because the stopsap script never try to stop the oracle listener.

I understood you're trying to configure this stopsap script... and really you don't need to do that.

Regards,

JC Llanes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one let me know ..

I have store_location=G

and if at all I run Rspo0041 then it will cleanup spool reqs. in temse.My Q is :is this is enough to cleanup logs in global directry,or else i need to do manually.?(I mean is this is ok for backgrun logs cleanup also)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implementing password protection for the listener only affects administrative activities but has no impact on the current system.

Regards

Vinod