Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clause/ Contract Document Formatting

Manoj_Kapoor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I understand that Contract Document generator relies on Microsoft word formating for generating the numbering, indentation, formatting etc.

Bu is there a document on best practice for creating the cluases so that the numbering, indentation, formating etc align properly in a contract document?

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I don’t believe there is a best practices document on this topic. Might be a good blog topic

In any case, below are some suggestions that might help you. I would say for the most part numbering, indentation, etc should work just fine but in some case there would be some trial and error involved especially if you have some complex formatting. When building the clause library I’d make sure not to bring in any formatting from the original document into the new clause. I’d paste the content first into notepad and then copy and paste it into the new clause. This might sound minor, but has saved me a lot of headache in the past. Also, I’d make sure any styles that are applied to the content in the clause is defined at the Contract Template level in the .dot file.

I’m sure forum would have more suggestions. Please feel free to chime in.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)