cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 - ABAP Role provisioning Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of IDM implementation we have executed ABAP Initial Load to fetch the data from the back end Systems . Privileges are sync back to IDM as part of this Initial Load .So after this initial load when we assigned certain privileges to the same user , roles which are updated to the user as part of ABAP Initial Load or Back end Sync are wiped out from Back end System . Can you explain why this is happening & how we can fix this issue ?

Example below :  

1) ABAP Initial Load executed for System GTS

2) User A roles (Priv 1 , Priv 2 ) in GTS system was sync to IDM System.

3) Approval workflow Testing we initiated PRIV 3 assignment to User A .

4) IDM Provision workflow group only PRIV 3 to User in backend system & removes PRIV 1 , PRIV 2 from users backend system.

Can any one explain why this is happening ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we also have the same issue on SP7.

Roles imported during Initial Load are being deleted from the user in the backend when we modify the user in IDM and IDM still shows the deleted roles still available.

One would assume that the core functionality like this would subject to regression testing by SAP before releasing SPs.  It does not appear to be the case.

Waiting for SP 8 as well.

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Please take a look here:

If you still have questions - ask

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete & Murali ,

I believe our issue is based on below mentioned SQL script which is encoded in Script "

" sap_abap_getNameOfAssignedPendingPrivileges" .  Script logic defined by SAP is updated below .

- get only assignments (mcLinkType = 2)

* - get all assignments of current entry X (mcLinkState = 0 & mcExecState = 1)

* - and with assignments in state "pending add" (mcLinkState = 1 & mcExecState = 512 or 513)

* - assignments with mcExecState 2 (Rejected) and 4 (Failed) are not included. If a failed

* assignment gets retried, the state changes immediately to pending.

* - for specfified repository Y

* - and privilege type Z

* - add member task must have been running for the privilege (mcAddAudit IS NOT NULL)

-> no future assignments

-> no assignments for which an approval will be done but approval task is not yet running

* - no privileges for which an approval is needed/running

* mcValidateAddAudit < mcAddAudit <- approval is already done

* or mcValidateAddAudit IS NULL <- if no approval is necessary

In the case of Privileges uploaded as part of Initial Load ,  mcAddAudit is NULL , Due to this when SAP Provisioning script calculates privileges,it will skip entries that are loaded as part of Initial Load . I am not sure how to get this corrected without breaking the integrity of the system .

Can you please review & please provide your feedback ....

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerry,

Jonathan got an update from SAP that this is a bug in SP7. Are you also one the same version ?

Cheers

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali ,

Thanks !! Yes , i am also on SP7 Version . We will wait for fix as part of SP8 .

Thanks ,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

So happy that SAP let this kind of Important Major Bug go in SP updates !!

Thanks for warning Murali, I hope the SP8 will arrive soon so I don't lose my time trying to fix what will be in SP8 (or at least I hope).

For the rest, everything works fine and I hope SP8 won't create new bugs 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You seem uptodate with all updates about IDM.

I tried to find when SP8 will come to fix that bug, but I don't find the information.

Do you have an idea, or a place where to ask the question ?

Do you think there is an update (not Service Pack) which solve that ?

If it's in very long time, I'll try to understand and implement Ivan's solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did you write a OSS Ticket for that bug ?

I wrote to a developer of IDM concerning this issue, here is his answer :

I am not able to confirm that this is a bug. I do not have made the same experience with SP7. Also, I do not know of any automatic provisioning after initial load of an ABAP system.

I recommend creating an OSS ticket if you still are uncertain.

I've seen a note but it not exactly the same problem that we have here, and I would like to be sure that our problem will be solved in SP8 and very soon.

Does anyone have any updates on this topic ?

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

SP8 should be available on Calender Week 20 of 2013. Its should be out very soon.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001425702010E

Are you on SP7 and experiencing the same issue Jerry has reported. I have not raised an OSS Message (and not sure if SAP has an option to apply only a correction) as I am on SP6.

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard Mid-End June, that would be perfect.

Yes I have the same issue on SP7, role imported during Initial Load are deleted when I modify (add/delete) one role of a user.

I'll write a note to be sure the problem is solved in the next SP.

Thx for your support Murali.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got an opportunity today to test the same by provisioning a Java system and it also has the same issue in SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upgrade to SP7 V2.0 ?

We did it yesterday, but I have test it and I'll be off for 2 weeks.

I keep you posted when I'm back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can fix this by changing the SQL to 

mcAddAudit >= mcValidateAddAudit

or by checking that

mcValidateAddAudit = '-1' as well as NULL.

in sap_abap_getNameOfAssignedPendingPrivileges

When loaded as part of the initial load, the audit values for some are set to -1 for both.  This causes the issue where they're then removed if the user is updated.

Hopefully it'll be fixed in SP8

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I'm still stuck with this issue, what I thought would be solved il SP7 Upgrade 2.

I did an initial load after upgrading to test if the problem was solved, but not. I don't want to put SP8 right know, I prefer to wait the first upgrade.

So my question, I don't see where to replace what you tell in your answer.

Is it somewhere in the part of the code here ?

Thx for your support.

Nicolas.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

I'm not Peter, but I looked anyway. ^^

I found this in your code:

I'd say, you have to change there. So if I read and understand it right, your part of the code should look something like this with the changes:

(assignment.mcAddAudit >= assignment.mcValidateAddAudit or assignment.mcValidateAddAudit IS NULL or assignment.mcValidateAddAudit = '-1')

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi, thanks for your reply even if you are not Peter 🙂

I've modified the code as explained (and I think it's what Peter tried to explain), but I still have the issue, imported roles are still deleted.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

hmm, I'm sorry to hear that. Sadly I'm not that deep into scripts and this deprovisining stuff to help you any further.

But I hope, Peter is still listening in and can shed some light and new ideas.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your help anyway.

I hope to solve this last major problem soon.

nicolas.

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Peter mentioned mcValidateAddAudit = '-1' and in your code is mcValidateAddAudit = '1', may be the problem is here

Best regards,

Ivan

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, thank you for poining that out, Ivan. I missed that, too when looking at Nicolas' changed code. Maybe this will be it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

My fault, I put the wrong print screen, I tried different things and on the last one i put 1 instead of -1, but neither works.

I'm still suffuring of this bug.

Thanks anyway for watching the code so closely 🙂

nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah - still here (my timezone means things happen a little slowly sometimes).  I haven't tested SP8 yet so disappointed to hear that this is still a problem.

Nicolas, can I get you to do the initial load and then run

SELECT * from mxi_link WHERE mcOtherMskey = <mskey of a known imported privilege>

You should see mcAddAudit = -1 and mcValidateAddAudit = -1

Your script change looked OK (changing 1 back to -1).

Its possible that additional processing is happening and that's changing the audit values so the first step is to verify the data.

You can run the SQL directly to confirm you've got it right:

SELECT * FROM mxi_link WHERE mcLinkType=2 AND mcLinkState IN (0,1) AND mcExecState IN (1, 512,513) AND mcAddAudit IS NOT NULL and (mcAddAudit >= mcValidateAddAudit OR mcValidateAddAudit IS NULL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an aside- I noticed that this script was updated in SP8 so there may be some changes required.  I haven't had a chance to sit down and pull it apart yet.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

A small answer before testing your previous solution / message.

I'm still on SP7 upgrade 2, I haven't installed SP8, I prefer to fix my current versions before jumping to the new SP and other issues.

I'll keep you posted.

Tx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

- Do you want me to rerun all the tasks in the initial load ? As it's a sandbox systems with a lot of users / roles / ... it takes more than 5 hours.

I don't understand where I have to write this :

SELECT * from mxi_link WHERE mcOtherMskey = <mskey of a known imported privilege>

From where can I run sql ? (sorry if my question is stupid)

When I changed the Jscript and saved, I got the message on the print screen.

I don't think the issue is linked with the other Jscript, but we never know.

Tx.

PS : Did you upgrade to SP8 and do you advise to do it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas

Run that sql in your favourite SQL tool.  I never build an IDM system without direct database access, so I just assume everyone else has it too

If the initial load takes that long, no, probably not.  You can just rerun the tasks which actually do the assignment - disable the rest or make a new job and copy the ones you want to run)

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I've just posted a blog post on how  I fixed this.  Hope it makes it clear ...

Peter

former_member2987
Active Contributor
Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My reply is the same as Peter.

This note explains why your roles gets overwritten.

Note 1626816 - ABAP Connector: Delta Handling for Role/Profile Assignments

Not exactly sure why Priv1 & Priv2 are missing for the user in your backend system GTS at the end. Can you check the dates for these two. If they are either in the past or future date, IdM will not push them down to GTS.

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

When IDM syncs to ABAP, it overwrites the roles that currently exist rather than updates them.  It sounds like you don't have the privileges assigned to the user in IDM so its only writing priv 3 back to the user in GTS.

Check that the privs 1 & 2 are assigned properly to the user after the initial load.

Peter