Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Solman 7.0 EhP1 to Solman 7.1

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

We want to upgrade our Solman System 7.0 ehp1 to 7.1 (Windows - Oracle), we decided to install a new system in order to organize our actual Solman

Actual Solman has the following configurations
CUA, SLD (for NWDI which is installed in SAP Portal), SSO (Abap), ESS, MSS,
Satellite Systems: ERP ehp6, BW 7.3, Portal 7.0 Ehp1, BPC 7.5, Sybase, Afaria, BO 4.0
Is Portal 7.0 Ehp1 compatible with SOLMAN 7.1?
Can Solman connect to Sybase, Afaria?
If it is a new installation, how NWDI can be affected? track, product, software components, etc?
Any consideration to keep in mind?

Regards
Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii guys,

i want to download sap solution manager 7.1 setup so can some one send me the link for windows server 2008 64bit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not hijack threads, create your own discussion thread.

The download link to SAP Solution Manager is http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Installation and Upgrades -> Browse our Download Catalog -> SAP Technology Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

you need below components for installation of SOLMAN 7.1

1. SWPM its working like a installation master no need to download installation master

2. EXPORTS

3. Kernels

4. Java component

5. Oracle

6. Oracle Client

here SWPM tool you will get under Software downloads center -installation and upgrades--a-z index--solution manager--solution manager 7.1----SOFTWARE PROVISIONING MGR 1.0

just click on that select which your operating system then download and install SOLMAN using swpm.

and other components u can download from Software downloads center -installation and upgrades--a-z index--solution manager--solution manager 7.1-installation--OS selection --- database selection ---then download the above components.

if you need any help while installation or else please ask freely

ALL THE BEST

Regards

R@J..!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

Actually I want know the components number for export, kernel, Java component oracle and oracle client

because in market place it is showing so many components for everyone and m so confused in all so can u please help in downloading the components u can contact me on my mail id bhanu03singh@Hotmail.com, bhanu03singh@Gmail.com my Skype id is bhanu03chaudhary

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as you migrate the data from the old SLD to the new one you should be fine. I would recommend you to keep the same hostname for Solution Manager which hosts SLD, otherwise you will have to adapt your NWDI configurations and NWDS settings. Regarding portal and Solution Manager compatibility, what do you exactly mean? Can Solution Manager 7.1 be connected to NetWeaver Portal 7.0 EHP1? The answer is yes.

former_member199849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your answer, but in my case we are going to install a new Solman 7.1, so how can we migrate the old SLD to the new one, this is for the NWDI (products, components, etc)?

SLD (connection to the other sap systems) will be reconfigured in the new one, but my worry is about NWDI - SLD

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I wrote, with SLD migration. See SAP note 1540435 for details.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1540435