cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing a sca in a track?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a track in nwdi by using create application skelton, where i have given the FSCMBD sca file in CMS inbox.

Track is created successfully, When i opened the track in nwds, i am able to find the other component related files ( sap.com * related ) , not finding the files in the FSCMBD.

I would like to know, is that right approach to import sca file from CMS inbox while creating?  Please suggest a best approach to get import SCA file to a track?  Then what is the required SCA file need to import to achieve FSCM Biller Direct to should work fine? 

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

1. Keep the SCAs file of dependencies into CMS inbox

Go to the directory

usr\sap\trans\CMS\inbox

and copy SCAs file  of  dependencies(like  sap_buildt, sap_jtechs etc). These files will be imported into the track using transport studio.

2 .Go to CMS Create a new development track at new NWDI

In CMS->landscape configurator

Create a new track. and add SC which is imported into SLD.

Save the track and move to transport studio.

Check in all the SCAs from CMS inbox to Development compartment of new track.

You can also refer the below document link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be3417810...

Hope this helps you !!!

Regards,

Gunja

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gunja,

let me correct couple of points.

1, the CMS inbox is always specified on the Domain Data tab of the Landscape Configurator on the CMS Webui (Your CMS inbox is then <the transport folder specified on the domain data tab>/CMS/inbox)

2, no need to create a new track

3, I believe there is no need to walk through the guide you sent, simply just

- ensure the SCA files are available in CMS inbox

- in CMS webui go to Check-in tab and check in the required SCAs

- go the development tab and import the SCAs having the state "waiting for import"

- do the same on cons

- start you NWDS

- import the development configuration (or update if it was already there)

- the DCs should be available now if the import to dev and cons was succesful

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks !!!!  Now I am able to see the source  in the NWDS by importing into dev and cons,now Developers able to change in the NWDS .

My question is -

1. What should done after changing the changes by developers?  i.e testing the track, how to import the newly developed code?

2. Can we create a SCA file for newly developed track?

3. What  will be the use of assembly phase ?

Thanks

Srikanth

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

after checking in the code, you can activate the code (this guarantees that the code can be built, since activation is possible only after succesful build). This way the code goes from dev/inactive to dev/active dtr workspace. Once the activation is done you can release the change (the activity).

Up to this point you can also refer to these steps:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/NWDI+FAQ#NWDIFAQ-FAQNWDI0

When you do so then the activity shows up on the consolidation tab of the cms webui. No need to do explicit activation here, since a force activation takes place in cons, i.e. the change will be available in cons/inactive as well as cons/active _after_ you imported the activity on the consolidation tab. If it is done, then the change appears on the assembly tab, where you can assemble your changes into one very SCA file.

! Assembly always takes the software from cons/active i.e. if you forget to import the desired change to cons and you execute an assembly then the change wont be part of the generated SCA file.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

When i am creating project in NWDS, i am getting following error message :

An internal error occurred during: "Create Project(s)".

Cannot determine used variant for used compartment sap.com_SAP-SHRWEB_1. Using variant: default using compartment: sap.com_FSCM_BD_1. Check if the expected usage dependency between the compartments exists.

Please advice..

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you imported the dependent SCA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have imported SHRWEB and FSCMBD.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikanth,

did you check-in the software (in cms webui -- transport studio -- Check-in tab) and import the software into the Development buildspace (and once it is done into consolidation too) ?

Best Regards,

Ervin