cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining a new partner role and assigning it to a customer-Student question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am a student and working towards my TERP 10 certification. I have recently been put on a project, and need to define a new parter role and then assign it to a customer.

I am confused as to where I should be looking to 1) define the new parter role 2) assign it to one of my already created customers.

1) I have checked in the (IMG) Cross App. Components ->SAP business partner -> business partner -> basic settings -> BP roles. I have attempted to define a new parter role but I am not quite sure where to go from here. Could any one tell me if I am on track, or if I should be looking in a different area. Previously I was looking into T-CODE VOPAN to maintain partner determination but again was not sure if I was in the right place.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jonathan Foster

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your input! I have completed the project and have written my report, I appreciate all the help, it seems that I was on the right track just did not have the confidence that i was working in the correct area.

Thanks again for all the help!

Jonathan Foster

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jon,

Members have already suggested you to search Google and look in to the theory of SAP Partner determination functionality.

I should be looking to 1) define the new parter role 2) assign it to one of my already created customers.

There are two parts to what you are trying to accomplish:

1. Configuration - Set up partner role etc. in IMG

2. Master data maintenance - "Input" that partner in an already created customer (probably you shall use XD02 or VD02)

Important point is -

But first you would need to create a "Customer number" for this new partner role.

Then you should add this newly created customer number to an already existing customer.

E.g. Customer (already created) = 5001

Newly created customer for this partner role = 65000

Now in XD02 / VD02, add 65000 to 5001

Also read Partner type concept.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are referring to a new partner funtion in addition to sap given one, yes, you have to use VOPAN and create new partner function.

If you search with term " Partner determination" in google or SCN you will get many helps.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, I have been searching that, I just needed some reassurance as to if I was on track to complete my project. Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Jonathan Foster

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes ,you are on right track .Please search in another info on " Partner Determination Function / Role " in Google with SCN SAP SD .

If you need any info / doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren