cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Kernel Upgrade 720 and wp is not clearing by sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are  using NW7.0 and Oracle 11 G as database. we have upgraded our kernel 720  in AIX 6.0 Cluster environment successfully.

We have completed Oracle 11G upgrade also without error. When I do manual stop and start sap in DB server as well App server it was started successfully and when I try to login vis sapgui, we are getting Error

" Application server queue overflow

Application server is overloaded currently try another application server " 

When I checked WP is system the previous work process are not getting cleared and I need to kill manually once done and do a start and stopsap it is working fine. And cluster level restart and stop also not working properly why???

Why it is coming any idea? can some one help on this?

I did the below workaround to clear the error

After stopping SAP with stopsap , run below commands

ps -ef | grep sapstart

kill -2 <PID of sapstart>

Can any one help me to get rid on this? Does 720 kernel might be an issue? Past 4 days I am working on it no luck but 😞

Thanks,

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Here alternate solution would be switch to another kernel version(If possible be on N-1 kernel version) and check whether system works or not?

Provide your disp+work ,  dev_w* , dev_disp logs for further analysis.

Regards,

Brijesh Kathiriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sankar,

Have you executed cleanipc command as well before starting the system?

This is necessary for cleaning up any shared memory which is stuck between restarts.

Thanks and regards,

Shivangini Gupta

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Sankar,

Could you please provide patch level /or out put of disp+work.also please attach the dev_w* log for more information.

It could be a issue with the kernal patch.

Best Regards,

Atul