cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icontrol an Inspection Lot User Status by a Production order system status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to control an Inspection Lot User Status by the activity of a Production order system status? I want to trigger a user status in my inspection lot when the Production order is TECO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tyra, as I understand you are not inspecting the product during its manufacturing stages. (Physically you are doing it but not entering the results in SAP). And as the inspection lot is open, it is creating problem for completing orders in PP.

As a solution to this problem you want inspection lot should change its status automatically (as inspection is done or something like that) as soon as the order is TECOed and later you can proceed for mass UD.

If my understanding is correct then, you should think of deactivating 03 inspection types from material master as you are not going to punch any results in lot. Virtually only giving UD may not serve the purpose.

If you still want system should generate inspection lot and you will later process for mass UD, then you can use DMR (Dynamic Modification Rule) using 100% skip options. You can schedule background UD for all such lots whose status is SKIP. For such status there is no need to depend upon order status. You can give UD in mass.

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I like your idea with the 100% skip lot. That may be my answer. Thank you very much.

Tyra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I am struggling with the SAP Help documentation on DMR set up. Could you kindly guide me? We are inspecting some units and recording the inspection results in SAP but others, we simply want the inspection lot but do not record in SAP. As the manufacturing facilities set up more test equipment, more units will be recorded properly. In the meantime, the units that are not recording results, I would like to add the DMR so we can skip lots and set a job to set the UD.

We do not use much of the functionality in the Quality Module currently, with discrete manufacturing, every lot is unique and can be for one unit or 30 units. Depends on the customer order. Do I need to set up an inspection method, sampling procedure, sampling scheme?

I just don't know how to set it up for 100% skip.

We are set up for inspection type 03 In process for production order inspection type. The indicators Insp with task list and check chars are checked, 100% inspection and Skips allowed are also checked. Serial numbers are possible. Q Score Procedure is 6 From Usage Decision. We use Master inspection Characteristics in the routings.

Any guidance you have will be appreciated very much. I am new to QM and am really confused with the DMR. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tricky! There could be 2 types of inspection lots for a production order. 03 and 04. For which you want this to be established? Secondly, what status you expect system should update for inspection lot with respect to order status? I find it difficult, as the order status and inspection lot status are 2 separate events. TECO does not ensure that stock posting in inspection lot or result recording is done!

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anand for your quick response. My inspection type is 03. In my instance, the stock posting and result recording piece is not important. We work in discrete manufacturing and in some cases, even though there is an inspection lot, no results are actually recorded in SAP, only on paper and the product ships anyway. Later, when the production order tries to archive, the inspection lot is open so it cannot archive. I am hoping to have a way for the production order TECO status to trigger an inspection lot user status (one I create) such that I can use a selection profile to find production orders that are TECO with no UD on the inspection lot. Then I can set the UD in mass using QA16.  Perhaps there is an easier way?

Your insight is much appreciated.

Tyra

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tyra ,

The better idea is to sort from QA32/QA33 . Select the lots with origin 03 and without UD . Here you will find lot no and process order no for which there is no UD then you can better perform your further actions

REgards