cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the cost center associated with WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to get the cost center associated with WBS element from backend in SRM.

I have found various tables PRPS, COBRB, AUFK which provides me the answer.

But I am in search of suitable RFC/ BAPI in SRM which can give me the required result.

If any one has the answer please help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution I suggested to create dialog RFC is as per SAP OSS note 656633. This is std SAP way, you can avoid custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Purshottam.

But as you mentioned me to use Dialog RFC...
as per my understanding Dialog RFC is used to fetch data from screens which is straight forward...but I have some logic to determine the cost center...
So can I implement that logic using Dialog RFC....Please suggest me.

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use std SAP way to show cost center, then you can use dialog RFC connections option with backend system. I am not sure what logic you want to use to determine cost center. Please provide more details before I suggest anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I want to determine cost center with certain logic like:-

From WBS element I have to fine whether there exists a order or cost center...
If there is order then again dig deeper into it to find cost center... Its not that straight forward!

But can you elaborate me on RFC dialog... coz I think it allows to read screens...
CJ13 is transaction where i find WBS element, then if I click on settlement rule I will get Order or cost center and so on...
Could you please let me know if I can utilize RFC dialog logic for this...
Thanks a lot for your help.

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go through OSS note Note 815849 - FAQ: Account assignment system response.

You have to implement BBP_DOC_CHECK BADI where you can use FM RFC_READ_TABLE to read data from backend (ECC) table

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

What really you want to do? Do you want to serach cost or WBS element from backend system and select during SC creation? Then you have to create a RFC connection type dialog with backend system, this will help user to search WBS elements and other cost elements from backend system during SC creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...I want to get cost center from WBS element ( as input)....
But Rather than creating new RFC function, I was thinking to reuse the existing if any...But till now I haven't find anything except there is one FM META_READ_TABLE by which I can query the required tables and fetch the data...but its too lengthy...
Please help me ---if you know any BAPI in SRM that can fetch cost center from backend with WBS element as input...