cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Get/post Request with SAML2.0 Assertion to NWGW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need help with SAML2.0 on NWGW. We have configured SAML2.0 on NWGW 731 with IDP as external provider.

We are testing the NWGW Service with HTTP get from NWGW client.

In the HTTP Request how should the SAML2.0 XML should look like ?

Should we use Bearer / Holder of Key / Sender Assertion ?

Note We are not using OAuth currently, we are looking to use SAML 2.0 only and need a sample XML that can used to send HTTP Get request from NWGW client to NWGW.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar

I am having the same issue at the moment. Did you get a solution to this inquiry?

I am trying to pass a SAMLResponse and RelayState parameter but without success.

I would really appreciate it if you could share your solution if you managed to resolve this yourself.

Many thanks

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi,

Originally the SAML 2.0 authentication is made for browser scenarios where a real user is sitting before the system and is interacting in one session. The approach you want to take will create a security session in the backend for every service request. Having many requests this can become a bottleneck.

OAuth 2.0 in contrast is made for service consumption. Here we provided a WIKI that shows how the requests should look like in detail: Using OAuth 2.0 from a Web Application with SAML Bearer Assertion Flow - Security and Identity Manag...

Regards,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias

I realised I had not replied. I had got SAML Bearer Assertion with OAuth 2.0 working on a NW 7.31 system. NW 7.02 does not support OAuth 2.0 is proved a different challenge that was resolved by IDP led SSO

Thanks

Mike