cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Master page in SAP Adobe forms

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant

Hello Experts,

I want to copy a master page to a new page in my Adobe form. Is this possible?

Since there are many fields and a lot of Java script code is over there for each field, I do not want to create

the same layout again. I searched a lot but not able to get any solution. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

I couldn't find a built in feature of LiveCycle Designer to enable copying Master Pages, however there is a quick and easy workaround:

1. Go to the "XML Source" tab in the Designer, or simply open the XDP template file with a text editor (eg. Notepad).

2. Within the "pageSet" element, select the desired master page's "pageArea". Make sure you include everything within the start and closing tag of this element.

3. Copy and paste it after the closing tag, but still within the pageSet element. Rename the page's name and ID - id should be unique: <pageArea name="Page1_copy" id="Page1_copy">

4. Save the template.

Afterwards you will see the copy of the master page in the Hierarchy window as well.

Cheers,

Attila

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jayan_abap
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi pavan,

You can copy using CTRL+A, CTRL+C and paste it in new page with  CTRL+V.

the code will also be copied. Only thing you have to do is just update the names of the elements in the script.

Jay