cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Email Reminders for Corrective Action and Followup Audits

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if Standard SAP has the capability to send out an email Notification reminder for a Task CA (Corrective Action) or FP (Follow-up Audit) based on a set time interval?  I need to send out an email to the assigned person responsible to complete the Task Code CA (2-weeks) before the planned finished date. I would also like to do the same thing for a Task Code FP (45 days) before the planned finished date.

Here is what I would like to do;

If the Task Code CA (Corrective Action) or FP (Follow-up Audit) has a Status code equal to TSOS (Task Outstanding) or TSRL (Task Released) then send an email based on a set time interval for that task.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darrin & Louis

To make settings for workflow for QM notification tasks, use the tcode OQNW.

1. Here, you'll need to assign agents (user id's) to the task groups (to trigger emails to users assigned to notification tasks).

Select the 'Assign Agents' button.

Next, use the task groups

a. WS00200063: QM: Complete Task

b. WS00400064: QM: Complete Task - person resp changed

Select the first of the above task groups and click on Agent assignment -> Create (assign user id's here)

The user id's assigned here will also appear in the 2nd task group mentioned above.

2. In the initial screen of OQNW, there is another button 'Activate event linking'. Select  this.

The Task Groups mentioned in point 1 should be assigned the status 'Activated'

Once the above settings are in place, create a notification and assign user id's to notification tasks to check whether alerts are being triggered and sent to the users SAP mail inbox. Do remember to assign tasks only to users that have been included as per point 1, else emails will not be triggered.

Check whether this works for you.

Rgds

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dorian

I made the setup as you describe ... it works ... but it does not answer to my requirement.

I already setup a simple "Task alert" by email (in Outlook) as we do not intend to used the SAP business workplace, when a task is created or released to the responsable of the task.

Now our requirement would be to send him reminder email is the task that is suppose to perform before a end planned is outdate. Same requirement to the high level (coordinator) if the notification processing is late.

As I see, task planned start/end date are only used on the QM12 trafic light monitoring ...

Basically, my user want to push the information again to all task responsible where trafic light = red.

Workflow seems very convenient for dispatching the notification/task ... but does not seems to me applicatable to as reminder process.

Am I wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

The system does trigger the workflow in case of 'missed deadline for completion of task' or 'missed deadline for completion of notification'. Check whether any workflow items appear in the 'task processors' or 'coordinators' SAP inbox for tasks or notifications for which the completion deadlines have been exceeded.

You'll need to write abap code in order to trigger emails to external systems (outlook) from workflow.

Rgds

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello dorian,

Thanks for your detail explanation. It help a lot ... 

I am now able to launch the std WF ... and also I get the reminder notification for the outdated item task.

I notice that the reminder notification are time-based on the "priority" set for the WorkItem and not from the end date planned on my task. By default all my workitem geneterated form QM task are set to priority = 5. (means 1 week exactly).

How does these priorities are managed ?

How does they are linked to the task's notifications ?

I do not see any link with the tasks catalogs configuration ....

Thanks!

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Darrin,

Have you found a solution using this workflow task ?

I have the same requirement ... and I am not so familiar with WF ...

Thanks for you feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to send mail remainders as per our requirement.This can be done with the help of Workflow consultant.PLease contact your ABAP or workflow consultant for this.

CSN

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Sreenath

Have you ever work with any notification workflows?  I was looking at a list of them in SAP  and found a long list.  Not sure which one or if any of them will send an email to a recipient based on the parameters stated above. I checked with our ABAP programmer and he is trying to research other possibilities.  I was hoping you might know what workflow could be used.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated workflow with the help of ABAP/workflow consultant and was able to send mails. These mail were sent to SAP mail box only.I was told that if the mails have to go to outlook or any other external mail then Basis consultant have to do some settings.I have depended on ABAP consultant so i do not remember which work flow we have activated.

CSN