cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number profile for Inbound deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!!!

I have a problem with the serial number profile.

I have set up a serial number profile 0002 by plant (sd deliveries verification), so, for any delivery must be mandatory to inform the serial number for the products.

But, we only need to verify the serial number for outbound deliveries, not for the good reception.

The problem comes because, for the most of the GR, the procedure is done by posting the Inbound deliveries.

For this serial number profile, the system check the delivries (no matter if is an inbound or outbound delivery), so, it gives us an error when the serial number is not informed in the Inbound deliveries.

Is there any way to distinguish the inbound deliveries that we do not need to verify the serial number, from the Outbound deliveries, which we do need to verify this Serial number???

If not, is there anyway to jump the error message  when an inbound delivery is posted??

Item 000001 requires exactly 1 serial numbers for the asset

Message no. IO206

Any advice about how can i manage this situation..

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to Jyoti Prakash comments, Maintain the below enteries in the Proc.

Proc-SDCC 

SerUsage-02.

Hope this will help!!

Thanks!

Mohammed

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the serial number maintenance is mandatory. Even for inbound movement of goods for say, service/repair. Then you ought to maintain serial number for the serialized material. Therefore, to overcome the error, you can manually assign the serial number in your inbound delivery. Or you can click on button "create serial number automatically".

Thanks, JP

Message was edited by: JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello jyoti,

Yes, but we want to avoid this verification in the inbound delivery because we do not have always this information available at the time of the GR

thansk for your response

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, if the serialized material is new and doesn't have any transaction data yet.

Then you can have new serial number profile maintained for this in your material. Where, in the serial number profile (TCode OIS2). Maintain as following for return procedure.

ProcProc DescSerUsageEqReq
SDRE Maintain returns delivery 02 - Optional01 - Proposal: w/o equipment

If the material already in use, then please follow that I already suggested in my previous post.

Any specific reason, that you would not be able to know the serial number during GR for inbound delivery.

Thanks, JP