cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO Availability Check-Confirmed stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make delivery of MTO order, without the need to run the availability check in sale order(VA02) to confirm stock,(but availability check is needed to knw the proposal date in case stock is not readily available when creating sale order) if the stock related to that sale order is available in stock and should be able to do delivery based on the stock availability for that particular sale order, rather then do availability check each and every time in sale order and then do delivery. Pls suggest...

Regards,

D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DD,

I want to make delivery of MTO order, without the need to run the availability check in sale order(VA02) to confirm stock,(but availability check is needed to know the proposal date in case stock is not readily available when creating sale order)

You could change your MTO sales order availability check to confirm against lead time during Sales order entry.  No further ATP checking is required.  Your ATP check for deliveries should not include lead time. Once the MTO stock is in place, the delivery creation process will pass the ATP check and the delivery can be created.

Another option is Assemble to Order, which is a special type of MTO processing.  In this case you can perform a very accurate confirmation without  resorting to 'lead time' confirmations during Sales order entry

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/41/191eab45fd11d188ff0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could change your MTO sales order availability check to confirm against lead time during Sales order entry.  No further ATP checking is required.  Your ATP check for deliveries should not include lead time. Once the MTO stock is in place, the delivery creation process will pass the ATP check and the delivery can be created.

Hi DB49,

Sorry for the late reply to your response, cause i was trying your inputs... "Avaliabity chck to confrm agst lead time during sales ordr entry"- by this do you mean "Carry out control For Availability check" where the field- "Check without RLT' is unchecked in Sales and checked in delivery?

Regards,

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

DD,

Yes.  Checking rules AE and BE in OVZ9.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

i made the modifications as specified by you, IN SD>Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning>Carry Out Control For Availability Check

I unchecked 'Check without RLT' for Availability check  002+Checking Rule AE

For Availability check  002+Checking Rule BE I checked the 'Check without RLT'

Still im not able to do delivery without running availability check in sale order.

(Hope this is what you want me to do )

Material Strategy group is 82, Req Type is KMFA-Assembly with production order, Req Class-

201Assembly: prod.order

System is not showing the partial confirmation for when there is stock for 50 qty out of 100 order qty. when iam doing availability check.

Pls suggest...

Regards,

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

DD,

What I said was that the sales order is confirmed during order entry (when the order is created).  No additional availability check of the sales order is thereafter required.

So, for standard MTO (not assemble-to-order):

Order is entered today. Order confirms at lead time, say June 1.

You begin to the process to obtain the FGs parts, with an expected Goods Issue date of June 1.

At some point between now and June 1, the Production or Purchase order is executed, and materials are received into stock.

On June 1, you deliver the order. 

In the above scenario, no additional ATP is required.  During creation of the delivery, ATP is automatically executed against the stock by the delivery creation program. Naturally, Delivery is not possible if there is inadequate stock to pass a BE ATP.

Material Strategy group is 82...System is not showing the partial confirmation for when there is stock for 50 qty out of 100 order qty

This is ATO.  In ATO, there is no Stock for FGs prior to creation of the sales order, so we can exclude this situation from consideration.  All FGs are created by the assembly order linked to the Sales doc. 

My assumption was that your original question was about simple MTO.  Are you now saying that your original question was about ATO?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Sorry, my question was of ATO.. where while i create the sale order the stock will not be available, so system is givng sme confirmation date in future and after the creation of SO the stock is updated against tht Sale order, now to dispatch this, iam forced to do availability check every item in the sale order.

one more thing is that user will be giving req delvry date, but this date can be by passed and they want delvry befre this req dvlry date too,

In summery the following are the issues im facing in ATO(Assemble to Order)

1. Not able to do delivery without doing availability check, even though the sale stock for tht item is available in system.

2. Req Delivery date: if suppose order is created today (29.04.2013) user may punch Req Delvry Date as (31.05.2013), but they want to dispatch the goods befre that date, and system is not allowing it until we chnge the Req Delvry date manually... Which they are not ready to do.

Pls suggest....

Regards,

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

DD,

In standard ATO/82, the initial sales order confirmation is created based upon the availability check of the components in the FGs production order.  No further ATP should be required to deliver the order.

So, for standard ATO here is a typical cycle:

Order is entered today, requested date of today.

System automatically creates a production order during sales order entry, with automatic scheduling and automatic availability check of components within the production order. 

The production order passes the finish date back to the Sales order, and the sales order is confirmed based upon this date. 

For the purpose of this scenario, let us assume that the production order components are available on May 22, and the routing of the production order creates a scheduled duration of one working week.  The ATP'd production order therefore has a scheduled start date of May 22 and a scheduled finish date of May 29.  The finish date is passed back to the sales order for a Material Availability date of May 29 and the Sales order is confirmed.  This is all done automatically during sales order entry.

When the production order components become available, factory people issue the components to the production order; presumably on the planned start date of May 22.

Factory processes the production order; and at some point the production order is completed; Finished goods are received into stock.  Presumably this happens on or before May 29.

On May 29, you deliver the order.  No additional ATP on the sales order is normally necessary.

Many differences from this typical cycle are possible with configuration and master data changes.

For your question 2, this is a policy issue.  The 'Req Delivery' date represents the date that the customer wants the product.  If the user enters a date of May 31, then presumably the customer wants the product on this date, and not earlier or later.  If the customer actually wants the product earlier, the normal practice is for the Sales Order entry person to enter that date.  In general, if you are using Availability check, SAP will be very reluctant to allow delivery of a sales order earlier than the Requested date.

Best Regards,

DB49