cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Versus CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been working in Duet Enterprise 1.0 environment and there I am using CE 7.1 for modeling the services for Duet. I want to know whether we can replace CE 7.1 with PI 7.1.

In what areas PI 7.1 got better than CE 7.1. Please make me clear.

One of my other clients are asking to work with PI 7.1

I have searched in SCN forums but didn't get clear picture of the features in both the tools.

Thanks & Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Duet Enterprise 1.0 and FP1 only need the Service Builder at design time; which can be provided by either PI or CE. I have positive experiences with both set ups; no noticeable differences when it [only] concerns the Duet Enterprise design time experience.

This also means that unless a customer already has PI, or is planning to use PI for other than Duet Enterprise design time alone; it is perfectly advisable to go for the more lightweight CE deployment iso PI.

See Duet Enterprise PAM; PI 7.1 is supported for Duet Enterprise starting SAP_XIESR component at least on 7.1 EhP 01 SP04.

Regards, William.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184598
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

For using Duet Enterprise 1.0 FP 1, you only need Service Builder in ESR.

ESR is shipped with both CE and PI. You do not need to compare core functionalities of CE or PI as far as Duet Enterprise is concerned.

However if you want to replace ESR from CE to PI, you would need to perform following steps.

1) Establish HTTP connection between your Gateway and PI. You can check via transaction sxmb_ifr -> Service builder. If there is an SLD in your landscape try importing software component versions from SLD (If you are not able to do so, establish this connection as well)

2) Import XI content SAP IW TNG 200 on to your ES Repository (This is required for standard fault and message types)

3)Create your Users on PI for ESR access (with access rights mentioned in 1.0 FP1 config guide).

Consult your SAP Basis counterpart if you need any help in above steps.

Cheers,

Saumil