cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of a list with specific record numbers from MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an excel spreadsheet with one column with a few thousand material numbers.

These specific materials must be extracted from my MDM repository.

All the materials do not have any common attributes or other search criteria.

How can I extract these materials based on material number as search criteria?

KR,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Since you do not have any common attribute or search criteria. There's no other option than to group all records under one mask and export them.

1.Create mask under masks table.

2.Hover over to main table , select those records -right click and slect add to mask.

3.This will add all selected records to newly created mask.

4.Then click on mask under parametric search- select the name of mask you just created. This will give count of total number records added.

5.Click file and export them.

Hope this information helps. please let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The number of records in question is very large, so the option you describe is really not feasible.

We will have to look for alternative methods.

KR,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not export all records from MDM repository with selective fields that you wish to export & then perform v-look up among excel sheets. This way you can easily filter required records.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

You can use below workaround:

• Select any appropriate field(say field name is 'Extract'), which can be updated by any DUMMY value.(say value = 'X')
  • Prepare a file which will have all the required customer numbers and dummy value mentioned against each customer.
  • Then using Import Manger, import the records to update this Dummy value for desired customer records.
  • Now in search filters, you can filter the records using Extract = X and Last Update By = Your ID and Changed on Date = Today's Date (if required).
  • Then you can export the result set from Data Manager directly.

This should solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both,

I chose to use the method suggested by Mir.

KR,

Thomas

Answers (0)