cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using SAP Gui Scripting for automating some user scenarios. Is it possible to be notified when a user clicks on a tree control and selects or expands a node? Can the GuiSession object's, FocusChanged event help? I would like to capture the name of the submenu and any other associated properties.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

You can look at the following link. It helped me personally a lot.

http://www.advancedqtp.com/old_forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3502

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link ScriptMan. The link helps to understand how one can execute methods on the tree nodes and check their properties, but does not use events (as callbacks from the tree control). In my C# program I am able to capture events from the GUI Session using FocusChanged (whenever I click on a TextField for example). However the FocusChanged event does not capture this when I click the Tree Control and expand the nodes.

When I checked the ID of the Tree nodes (using a hit test), the nodes are identified as having the type GuiShell, SubType Tree. But neither GuiShell nor GuiTree support events. It seems the Tree functionality is internally handled by the control "SAP.TableTreeControl.1" . Is there a way to use this control and hook into the Tree objects events?

Thanks a lot for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank Tamhaney

Have you ever found a solution for this problem?