cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly WBS planning in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have received the requirement from client related to WBS monthly plan in Excel.

we have below 2 cases in the requirement ;

1. they want to use the excel file to upload the WBS plan values for complete year (from period-1 to period-12 ) and also
  2. if its required , they want to use the same excel file to upload the WBS plan values for specific periods only ( for periods -2/5/7 )

For case 1, we able to succeed to upload the WBS plan values for complete year without any issues but

for case 2, when we try to upload the plan values for specific period, they upload is successful for this periods but for other old periods values are removed (means its updated with zero plan values ).

so now i need your help to achieve the WBS monthly planning in excel without over right or remove the plan values for other periods.

example for case -2

first upload for complete year (2013)

from period -1 to period -12

each period values in excel file - 100 USD

second time upload for period -8

8th period values in excel is - 200 USD

for other period values in excel is - blank or zero ( means we dont want to change the initial plan values )

after 2nd plan values upload , the initial WBS plans are removed for other periods except 8th period  and  its showing the WBS plan values only for 8th period with 200 USD

can you please check and help me how to achieve to upload monthly WBS plan values without remove or over right the plan values for other periods.

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case, you want update or change only for specific period, I would recommend you write LSMW/BDC with input as Month/Year for which you want to update the value.

Regards,

Mahendra

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure but it looks like when you put the same file to upload planning data for specific periods and in other periods you have blank or zero system deletes your earlier data.

I think you should change you'r planner profile in KP34 and then use CJR2 to upload your data from excel file.

Extras -> Excel planning -> Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Can you give some light/inputs to change or create planner profile my requirement ?

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

What BAPI are you using to perform the upload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.