cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimport of Adaptive RFC Model in NWDS fails; see attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I have the following version of NWDS installed on multiple computers in my office: Version: 7.0.11, Build ID: 200701062019. I am the only Java WD developer. One of my colleagues recently changed the I/O for several RFCs, forcing me to Reimport the related Models. Unfortunately, on my own primary computer, I'm unable to get Developer Studio to reimport the affected RFC model classes.

The following message is generated by Netweaver Developer Studio when attempting to reimport Java Webdynpro Model: "Check out of file(s)
has failed. Reimport has to be rolled back." No other message or java exception stack trace is shown.

Attached in png pictures (UnableToReimport1-5) are the steps I’m taking.

The funny thing is, yesterday night I succeeded in reimporting the very same model into another computer with the exact same version of Studio, an older one, with an older installation, where I previously had made changes to the same DCs from. I have already migrated all my SAP development away from it (or so I thought), but now I'm not sure what's happening.

I know that DTR typicially indicates when wdView, wdController and .xlf files are locked, but I'm not getting any indication of such problems from my primary computer. Once we start work from a given NWDS installation, are we Java Webdynpro developers tied down to that given computer forever?

If not, I'd be grateful for any advice on how to break my current dependency to the older computer. It's inconceivable to me that SAP would have made NWDS so cumbersome!

Thanks,

Jon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with Check in-check out functionality of DTR. Delete the DC from local workspace and reimport the DC from Inactive DCs and try reimporting the model again.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys:

Thank you all for your responses! I wish SAP could have allowed me to mark multiple correct answers!

Unfortunately, due to the large amounts of metadata files Model objects create, it wasn't practical to checkout all the related model files, as there were more than I could possibly remember. Also, there is no "Track" perspective in NDWS as far as I know.

However, there seems to be general agreement from all of you that deleting the local versions of all related files would be alright, so following Gunja and Namrata's advice, I deleted the affected local DC and resynched all its source files from the Inactive DC. Once that happened I was successful able to Reimport the Model, upon creating a new Activity.

Thank you all again for your quick, accurate advice! I hope the points awarded help.

Sincerely,

Jon

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jon,

It is advised to "Checkout" model related files and then re-import your model. Make sure you are able to connect your Development configuration system. Simple way to test using Browser, give the url and make sure your User is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

First delete the dc from your workspace and then check out again and create a new activity , I think there is some problem with the last version of dc and then do the re-import of model.

also check do u have proper last version of Dc in your NDWI after check out.

Regards,

Gunja

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try checking out all file first, then do the reimport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Pls check the below points,

1) Try pinging your SLD from your NWDS.

2) Are you able to login to your track ( DTR )?

3) If the above points are fine , try to reimport your track in NWDS.

Let me know if you face any issues?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash