cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get parameters or files from ME to shop floor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to maintain the parameters of a teststand software (like limits, set points, m+b, ...) in ME (or download them from ERP to ME).

Is there a possibility like web services to get this informations from ME down to the shop floor level software? Can we use the testplan feature for this?

Another use case would be to attach the current firmware of a microcontroller to a routing step and download this from ERP to ME (like a work instruction) and from there via web service etc. to the shop floor device to flash the controller with the firmware.

Any ideas for this?

Thanks - Regards

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Provided the info from online help, I would say that Test Plans might be utilized in your case, however, I guess they are not supported by SAP ME ERP integration.

And I doubt you can include firmware in the definition of a Test Plan. SAP ME has CNC Program Maintenance where instructions can be provided to CNC machines but this is not related to Test Plans.

So, your use cases seem to need a good implementation project.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

we have thought about CNC functionality but it looks like ME uses a third party tool (Predator) to handle CNC programms. Is there a possibility to use CNC function without additional servers?

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Usually CNC functionality is set up by SAP ME Consulting team. So, it would be good if they advised you.

Regards,

Sergiy