cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Customized email to the Requestor during Approval/Rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to send emails to the requestor during approval/Rejection/Inquiry for the shopping cart.

We did configure in the alert notification for the Requestor to receive email for the Approval/Rejection. We are getting below emails for the approvals and rejections.

1. Approval:

Document 3200000305 approved

Created

Workflow System

on   04/23/2013 23:09:16

Document 3200000305 approved

The document 3200000305 of type Shopping Cart was approved.

The following messages have been triggered by the system:

You can view the document directly. Choose the following link:

2. Rejection:

Document 3200000307 rejected by

Created

Workflow System

on   04/24/2013 09:22:41

Document 3200000307 rejected by

The document 3200000307 of type Shopping Cart was rejected.

The following messages have been triggered by the system:

You can view the document directly. Choose the following link:

Login

How do we customize this email text. I did look at the OSS note Note 1265414 - add more information to workflow notifications

and it has a PDF attached with the screen shots. I don't see anything for the Shopping Cart in the smartform to make a change.

Should the BADI BBP_ALERTING be used to customize text?

3. Inquiry:

How do we send email for the Inquiry to the requestor?

Should we use BBP_ALERTING BADI to send email. This BADI does not have Email contents to be changed.

We are also using /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND program to notify approver for the approval process. Should the BADI BBP_OFFLINE_APPBADI to be used to customize texts for the Inquiry also.

Please let me know what else I am missing. Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the PDF in the note should help already.

As mentioned you can change the workitem text/description in the standard tasks. That's the first part of the message you receive.

The second part "The following messages..." comes from the smartform.

Look under FO_MESSAGES, you can find it there. URL text should be in there somewhere too.

So basically it depends on what exactly you want to change...

There's of course also the possibility of using BBP_ALERTING BAdi. In there you can change the message class which is responsible for all this. Herein also the smartform is called. You can create your own class as a copy and make the changes... But this certainly would require more work I guess.

For an inquiry I'm not sure. Since the requestor receives a workitem, you should be able to send a mail via /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND. You might have to add the inquire task to your variant for the job...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Appreciate your help in responding to my questions and thank you very much for spending time on this.

I have not done started working on the actual development as we are not supposed to. But your suggestion seems to be the one what I am looking for.

I will keep you posted about the progress.

Answers (0)