cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updateDCGroup Error : Record updated by another user (Message 10006)

yurika_seko
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am not able to use the update DCGroup wsdl to update an existing DC group. has anyone else run into this issue? 

I have tried various DC Groups and I can update them directly in ME.

thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Yurika,

Do you use ME 6.1 ?

If you send <modifiedDateTime>?</modifiedDateTime> tag in the request, please, make sure it is populated with the exact date\time (and in the same format) as the existing record has in the database.

Br, Alex.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

yurika_seko
Explorer
0 Kudos

THank you all for looking into this, it was indeed the modifiedDateTime that made it work.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yurika,

Could you please clarify which WSDL exactly you are using? Because I cannot find any DC Group related web service either in Single Service Administration of NWA or in SAP ME WS documentation of base SAP ME. Is this your custom implementation?

If this is a base SAP ME, which version?

Regards,

Sergiy

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yurika - So,Are you saying you can't update dcgroup by WebSerivice and you can update it using dc group maintenance activity?

If so, Please post ws response or error message.

Thanks

Hari

yurika_seko
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Hari, thank you for your reply,

yes, I can update in the activity but not through the  WS.   The response is just the error message:

Record updated by another user (Message 10006).  That is all i get for a response.

thank you.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm..Does the user you are using to run WS has enough access??

Are you using same user name to run from activity and WS??

Thanks

Hari

0 Kudos

Hello Yurika Seko,

As far as I understand you face this problem updating one particular DC Group only. In this case it looks like some data corruption problem to me. I would suggest checking the corresponding records in DC_GROUP, DC_PARAMETER, ATTACHED and ATTACHMENT tables of WIP database, comparing them with the records of DC Groupd that can be updated successfully.

If you cannot find anything suspicious, then try to catch ME SQL trace to analyze it deeper.

If it deos not help, open a support message.

Best regards,

Alex.

yurika_seko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thank you for your reply, I have actually tried several different DC Groups, and I went through the route of seeing if it was some data issue by 1.) trying out muliple DC Groups, 2.) different users and 3.) by stripping out any parameters  to update DCGroup, which I would assume would update by removing all exisitng parameters.      I will keep digging in the trace, I have opened up an OSS message as well. thank you