cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions on Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're installing a sandbox Content Server and have a few questions.

Rather than use MAXDB, we've been requested to hook it up to Microsoft Sharepoint. We have both a development and production Sharepoint. We will initially be hooking the Content Server up to an ECC system.

Assume we refreshed a development Content Server from a production Content Server.

1. Are all Sharepoint documents stored as a url that would still point to the production Sharepoint?

2. If that is true, is there a tool or procedure to do a mass update to the urls to point them to the development Sharepoint? I assume BDLS would not work.

3. If we started archiving the ECC system, the related documents in the Content Server would presumably not be archived. Is that correct? Is there a tool or procedure that would archive and if necessary restore documents in the Content Server to keep in synch with the ECC system?

Thanks,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

My Best suggestion would be suggest Client to store all documents in SAP Content Server.

DO not invent anything new which you or client will not be able to handle in future.

Clent has tendency to do it very fast, Less manpower and Less price.

It our job to control and Take solution in our hand.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I suspect we will store the files in a local filesystem at least initially. This will be on a Windows box and I believe the thought was to have a persistent mapped drive, but that will come a little later.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

My suggestion would be not to do that. Whatever you are going to do in Production System replicate same in DEV or QUALITY.

SO that you wont get any surprises.

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the attached link for the SAP Content Server architecture.

I believe OpenText Content Server, as well as being a replacement for SAP Content Server, has better integration capabilities with Microsoft Sharepoint. Maybe you want to look into those.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4d/0ed18e7fd00231e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting! Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Content Server the only supported storage scenarios are MAXDB or filesystem. Sharepoint is neither.