cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication without using HTTP Redirect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

How to authenticate the SAP users with out using HTTP redirect.

For Example, if i  make a HTTP call to SAP CRM Application Server, i need to be authenticated using Net weaver portal. How to achieve this without using HTTP redirect.

Thank You

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your question. Anyway if you define an iView in the portal pointing to the SAP CRM backend system, you can call that iView directly through the portal and the users will be required to authenticate themselves unless they have already done so. No need for additional redirects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think  i have not explained my problem in detail..

we have outlook synchronization solution which exchange activities and contact persons with SAP CRM. it is a windows desktop applications and make stateless HTTP calls to SAP CRM for data synchronization. HTTP Calls are processed using SICF service HTTP handlers in CRM.

1. When outlook synchronization Client sends a request to the Internet Communication Manager (ICM). Based on the URL the  ICM decides which service in the ABAP stack to call.

2. Since the initial request cannot be authenticated successfully the ABAP stack sends the

preconfigured response (HTTP 307) that redirects the HTTP client to our Java Redirect application(NW Portal):

http://iwdfvm3137.wdf.sap.corp:50100/RedirectApp/redirect.jsp?to=

http://ivml2087.wdf.sap.corp:50100<%=PATHTRANS%>

In the second step, CRM server will send a HTTP 307 redirect response to the client and the client should send a new request to the redirected URL,  Instead of CRM server being sending the HTTP 307 response, is there any way to redirect the request to NW Portal from SAP CRM.

Thank you

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification although it is still not clear why you have setup authentication the way you have. Why does the authentication to AS ABAP fail in the first place? You could look into enabling SAMLv2 on the AS ABAP and have the AS JAVA be the IdP. I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On product, it has several options to fulfill your requirement. Your options are limited by the release versions of your AS JAVA and AS ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way that AS ABAP ICM can redirect the call to Portal for user authentication and continue wth request processing instead of sendng HTTP Redirect 307 to the client?

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

No, the ICM cannot perform that.

You'll need to setup a "trusting relationship" between the Portal and the ABAP backend, so the ABAP system trusts that the request coming from the Portal/iView is from a user that has already authenticated himself/herself.

The menu path within the Portal changes depending on the Portal's version. Which is the version you're using?

Regards,

Isaías