cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recomendation for Vendor replication in multiple backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I need your recomendation. I'm working in an implementation of SNC with two ECC. We are using the release process and purchase order. We use the CIF to send the vendor. In the integration model in both ECC we set the field "Create Loc./BP" with 2 in order to create the location and BP at the sametime.

However, we hava an issue. We can have some same vendors in both ECC. So, the first ECC sends the vendor, creates the location and the BP, but when the second ECC sends the data, we have an error that says the Business partner already exists.

So, what is the better way to creat the integration models for two ECC?

Thanks,

Iván

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We found the issue. If you haver more than 1 ECC, the address and name in all ECC has to be exactly the same, also in the BP (check note 1354245). With this, the error doesn't appear.

Thanks,

Iván

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ivan,

I would suggest to create only the Location in SCM system use "Create Loc" "Blank option in the CIF model.

Once the Vendor location type 1011 is created in SCM assign the Business partner and create the relevant SNC User.

But, the bigger question is in your each ECC system can the same Vendor number exist ? If yes, then don't you think you will have unique POs with unique set of material , plant etc..

I would suggest to create separate Location.    Let me know if I am missing something here.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mruthyunjaya,

If I create only the model with location, that means I have to create by hand the BP in SNC, and then I have to link the location and the BP by hand also? one by one?

We can have the same vendor in both ECC. We have one ECC for North America and other for South America and Centro America. And we have vendor that supplies for both regions.

BR,

Iván

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ivan,

Is the Vendor same for all the 3 ECC instance ?

Is the LFA1 Vendor number XXXXX is same for all 3 ECC instance ?

If LFA1 vendor numbers same in all 3 ECC system then:

If the Vendor location the physical address is same but he dispatches good to different Plants in ECC correct ?

In such case, its better to create BP manually and assign SNC users. Multiple locations.

But, I am eager to understand, details of how are you handling Product Master, Info Record CIF, Tlane setup, You will have same level of ambiguity. 

Hope this helps.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mruthyunjaya,

Yes, the vendor number is the same in all ECCs. And thas correct, for example, the vendor is in China, and sells products for Plan 1 (ECC 1) sand Plan 2 (ECC 2).

I know when you send the Vendor as location an BP, in SNC is created the BP with the same vendor number and in the location it is set this BP number also.

Then you create SNC user for that vendor related to BP of vendor.

So if I undertand well your suggestions is to create the  BP with the Vendor number by hand, then set this value in the location and finally create the SNC user to the BP vendor number.

My issue is only with the BP vendor replication for now.

BR,

Iván

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could it be an idea to use a CIF enhancement in SNC when supplier data is transferred into SNC?

There should be a BAdI for sure which you could use to put a suffix to the vendor number - like 1001159@ERP1 and 1001159@ERP2.

We also have (at the moment) two ERP systems connected to one SCM SNC - and we have a central masterdata system which replicates masterdata to all available ECC systems.

Up until now we do not have your situation but when it occurs I would at least give my first thought mentioned above a try and see how it goes.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ivan,

Yes, your updates are perfect.

Your comment:

My issue is only with the BP vendor replication for now.

You don't want to do it Manually or Your Business wants this to be automatic.  If its Business requirement then, you can work with you ABAP to create the BP via a Z Program.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Check out if you can use user exit APOCF001 in SNC for your requirement.

Regards,

Nikhil