Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Variant configuration dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I have defined chrachteristics  say "A, B, C, D, E, F"

also defined a charactarestic = TOTAL PRICE for which i have defined the logic as shown below.

2. Assigned all the characteristics to the class say "CLASS"

3. Configurable material created say "KMAT"

4. Configurable profile for KMAT = "CONFIG PROF"

5. In config profile i have define a dependency using dependency type "procedure"

$SET_DEFAULT($SELF,TOTAL PRICE,((($SELF.A*$SELF.B) +($SELFC_1*$SELFD)+($SELF.E*$SELF.F))))

My requirement is that, when the characteristic values for the above mentioned characteristics("A, B, C, D, E, F") are mentioned in the sales order then the procedure dependency assigned to the config profile should trigger and the final value should be displayed in the characteristic TOTAL PRICE.

Now comes the problem,

1. when am maintaining the values for all the characteristics then the total price is being updated.

2. in case if i miss any of the characteristic then the total price is not being updated.

My question now is

- what are the changes that should be done to calculate the TOTAL PRICE even though i miss any of the characteristics in the assignment screen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

$SELF.A*$SELF.B

= $SELFC_1*$SELFD

$SELF.E*$SELF.F

Total price =  ( + + )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanq for the solution.

When am assigning a default value as zero then my calculation is working fine.

But then my precondition assigned to the characteristic is not working as the default value is already assigned.

Once again thanq for the solution.

Regards,

Sameer Maddali.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get your requirement fully , as per my understanding , you can write a procedure directly to the Total Price char.

$self.total value = ($self.char A*$self.charB )+ ($self.char C*$self.charD ) if $self.charA >0 .

Try this code , it might work, please let me know.

Regards

Praveen Sasidharan

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Based on my experience, you have to assign a value to all the characteristics used in your calculation; otherwise the final result will not be calculated.

So, as Ritesh already pointed out, the best approach should be to default value "0", and change it only when needed.

Regards,

Alessio

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Have you defined the characteristics as 'Required'? Maybe you can try making them optional.