cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Inspection Results & Batch Char Data into a Lot via IDOC/EDI

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone know what Function Modules that can be used to process Master Inspection Characteristic Results along with Batch Characteristic Results into an Inspection Lot upon Good Receipt?  We have several Vendors who are going to start sending us and IDOC that will have all of this data and we need to process it to populate the Inspection Lot results and Batch Information. I'm not completely sure how this should be done.  I have read there is some function modules that can take the data and import it as mentioned below.  Please tell me if anyone has tried to do this or knows of a link that can point me in the right direction.

In doing some research I found (QM-IDI) - Remote Function Interface RFC is used to do something like this.  However, I am not clear on how it works. There are many Function Modules that start with QIRF* that are suppose to transfer data but I'm not sure which one to use or how to use them.  Here is a list of some that I found.

QIRF_SEND_INSP_REQUIRMENTS.........................Worklist using selection criteria

QIRF_SEND_INSP_DATA_FOR_WL2.......................Inspection specifications using worklist

QIRF_SEND_REQUIRMENTS_GET_DAT2................Confirming receipt of inspection specifications

QIRF_SEND_COMMIT_TO_QM................................Confirming receipt of inspection specifications

QIRF_SEND_CATALOG_DATA2...............................Catalog entries

QIRF_SEND_CATALOG_TYPES..............................All catalog types with their short texts

QIRF_INSPPOINT_GETLIST.....................................Inspection points

QIRF_NOTIFY_FUNCTION.......................................Own logic when worklist changes

Thanks for any help in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take a look at the process for receiving external COA's from vendors'.  SAP already has a standard process for this.  The data can than be mapped using "copy inspection results" functionality into your 01 inspection lots.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/5a/5b5738ed5a1d36e10000009b38f889/content.htm

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the below link which will be useful for you to configure QM-IDI.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1ebb1361-0b01-0010-56aa-c780c5446...

Mohan