cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decommission a non usable Customer No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement is that we need to decommission a Customer No. The thing here is no one has any clue on that Customer no. as we are not using that customer no. , the one that we are using , we have already met the compliance for that .

We checked with all the teams and no one is using the installations under that Customer no. so the same needs to be decommissioned .

As per my understanding what i can do from our side should be

a)      1.Check if any servers are accessible ( able to ping/connect) under that customer no. , if able to connect then need to find on its whereabouts.

c)      2. If not probably, we can ask SAP to delete the record for this customer no. from their end which can be done for decommissioning the Customer no.

If any one has any clue on the above mentioned, can you please confirm if anything else apart from the above mentioned needs to be done from our end to decommission the customer no. from our end except requesting SAP to delete the records for this  Customer no. from their end .

Please revert with your responses as this is urgent.

Regards,

Somya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

You may need to perform some housekeeping activities like the following

1.     1) Get the detailed inventory of the systems defined within the system data for the customer number.

2       2) If the systems are not in use and the hardware is phased out, you may mark the system as delete on SAP service marketplace. This will not be considered in your yearly SAP AMC cost.

3) Once the housekeeping activities are done and you identify that there are no more systems utilized under the customer number, you may request SAP to delete the Customer number node from your account

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

I have few things to ask in the reply you mentioned:

1. In your point no. 2 , is the system is not in use, but harware is not phased out , can we mark them for deletion in service marketplace . What shall be the impact of that then?

Also please confirm , when you say, "mark for deletion" do you mean to delete it or something else?

Also apart from the 3 points that you mentioned, please confirm if there are other housekeeping activities that also need to be performed for decommissioning the Customer no.

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Can you please reply on this.

Regards,

Somya

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

1. In your point no. 2 , is the system is not in use, but harware is not phased out , can we mark them for deletion in service marketplace . What shall be the impact of that then?

Yes. you can mark all the systems which are defined under customer no but not used as deleted.

There is no impact as it will simply help you identify which systems are considered for AMC billing.

Apart from this I do not see any further activities. For final Customer number decomissioning step check with SAP about the process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response. It helps.

One last quick question. I was going through note 94998, it mentions of something as " Clean Up Installations" to delete installations that are no longer required. is that also a step that should be done from my side for the above mentioned Customer Node Decommissioning.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Somya

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

From this SAP note

System deletion

In the system search, select the installation and the system ID of the system that is to be deleted. Click the SID that is to be deleted. Choose "Delete system". The system displays a window containing information about your system deletion. Choose "Delete system" to send your deletion request to SAP.

This is part of housekeeping activity which i mentioned.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey iam referring to clean up installations part.please check

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya

Deleting and requesting installation numbers

• In the left navigation window, select "Clean up Installations" to delete installation numbers that are no longer required. Note that no active systems are permitted to be registered with this installation number.

This can be done by you as well.

Regards,

Deepak Kori