Did you mean: 

Sequence of Product Allocation Procedures

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is as below :-

Two allocation procedures are used in a sequence. proc1 and proc2

proc1 is relevant to sales order alllocation check and proc2 is relevant to STO allocation check.

proc1 contain 2 characteristics at which allocations are checked - char a and char b.  both fields are available is sales order. char b is not available in STO document.

proc2 contains 2 characteristics at which allocations are checked - char a and char c.  both fields are available in STO. char c is not available in SO document.

The issue is : -

If the default procedure in product-location master is 'proc1' it works fine during SO creation but gives error of  'no CVC found' during STO creation.

If the default procedure in product-location master is 'proc2' it works fine during STO creation but gives error of  'no CVC found' during SO creation.

Is there any limitation to the functionality when using  'sequence of allocations procedure' ?

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Y R,

When you use allocation procedure sequence then it is one by one check, i.e. first it checks procedure 1 and whatever is the confirmed quantity from procedure 1 is checked in procedure 2 against allocation there.

this is standard behavior.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I am aware of the standard behavior. The sequence is already defined. The issue is, when I maintain 'proc1' as location dependent alloation procedure it gives error of 'CVC not found' in STO creation. In this case sales order works fine.

And if I maintain 'proc2' as a location dependent allocation procedure, the same error is given during SO creation and STO works fine.

Hope you are clear with the issue now.

Regards,

RS

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Y R,

What are these characteristics which you have mentioned.

in procedure 1 you have two characteristics A and B, out of which B is not available in STO, so that is clear cut case why your procedure 1 is not working for STO.

Similarly procedure 2 have A and C, here C is not available in SO, so that is the reason it is not working for SO.

With your sequence when system will check for allocation, it will first go and check procedure 1, which will work for SO but not for STOs, so here only STOs check is getting failed, also for SOs it will pass procedure 1, but will get stuck at procedure 2.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

What you are saying is correct but the point is if the procedure sequence is maintained in the product master one of the procedure should work for each of the document i.e. SO or STO.

As I mentioned already, the procedure which is maintained in 'location dependent procedure' field in product master (the procedure sequence is also maintained in the master) , if it is sales order relevant then STO document does not work and vise versa in case for STO relevant procedure.

As per standard behaviour, system 1st checks procedure in 'location dependent procedure' field then it goes for procedures in the sequence.

So in either case, system should look for another procedure if one fails. I guess I am able to convey the issue.

Regards,

RS

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Y R,

Did you checked removing location specific procedure from your product master and have only procedure sequence there.

I have not check this, but think that it might work.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello YR,

What sourabh said will give you a warning but not an error.

The other way aound is unselect Cummulative check box in the procedures.

Thanks,

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem of "CVC not found" by creating all possibles CVC´s...and if I don´t want to use them, I just don´t load quota. Also the cvcs must be in status "active" (see //ATPQ_CHKCHAR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al ,

I guess you can also use collective product allocation .

Maintain char a , b and c all together and then define collective product allocation .

char a    char b      char c

X              X               X

X              X               **   ----  For SO

X              **              X    ----  For STO

I think you need to define two PAG with different char sequence though .

Whatever CVC you dont want to use , dont maintain Allocation qty for them .

Hope it helps ,

Regards ,

Love Singh