cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Values in Configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have 16 values for a characteristic, however I need to display only 5 values in the configurator. I kindly request your help in precondition or procedure syntax for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

please let us know the basis on which you want to hide this 9 values.

and i can help you out with syntex.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

Actually that is the problem. According to the business rules, there is nothing specific to hide this. The characteristic is a multiple value characteristic.

Only workaround I can think of is I have another characteristic related to this. I would like to default the value of this characteristic so that it appears in the configurator always. So, when this value is specified, the precondition should trigger.

Also, I would like to use a procedure instead of writing a precondition at the value level since I need to transfer this procedure into IPC. Kindly request your help in this.

Example

I have two characteristics; RoundedCorner and Radius.

RoundedCorner has 16 values but I need to display only five when the Radius is specified. The value of Radius will always be defaulted in the configurator.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well then i suggest yoy to use restrictable characterstic and create constraints net instead of procedure.

see the below link for details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I cannot Restrict a RoundedCorner (multiple value characteristic). I had tried this. I can only restrict Radius.

Regards

Adithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, kindly let me know if there will be a conflict if I build a table with the two characteristics Radius and Rounded Corner as the values of rounded corner which I want to hide have relation with the values that are being displayed in the way of pricing.

Example; If customer selects two values out of the five values, the pricing condition record is maintained for a value which is hidden.

Let me know if there would be a conflict.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adithya Shekhar,

I dont think a issue here , as the hiden values have prices maintained , but as far as its hidden itw ill not be selected and not priced.

correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will not be selected but I have used these hidden values in procedures for pricing purpose.

Example;

Rounded Corner has values; R1xxx, Rx2xx, Rxx3x, Rxxx4 and R1234. If user selects R1xxx and Rx2xx in the configurator, then price for these two selections have been maintained in the condition record with a variant R12xx. This R12xx is a value also for rounded corner which is hidden in the configurator. Hope there would not be any conflict.

Also, only Radius can be inferred in the Constraint as it is restrictable.

Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Example;

Rounded Corner has values; R1xxx, Rx2xx, Rxx3x, Rxxx4 and R1234. If user selects R1xxx and Rx2xx in the configurator, then price for these two selections have been maintained in the condition record with a variant R12xx. This R12xx is a value also for rounded corner which is hidden in the configurator. Hope there would not be any conflict.

it will not , as R12xx is resultant and its not deriving the R1xxx and Rx2xx , but R1xxx and Rx2xx are deriving R12xx, so no issue.

about restriction , you want to hide RoundedCorner but as its Multivalue it cant be restricted.

Even at the time of generating KB you will get error for it.

so even a procedure dosent work.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I am closing this thread as I have discussed and convinced the customer that, on CRM, business user will be shown all the 16 values (single value and not multiple value) and not 5. However, on their website, they will code to show only what should be shown to the customer.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks and Regards,

Adithya