Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGR_TCODES Table content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am currently working on authorization issues and in this context I am having difficulties understanding the AGR_TCODES content.

Could anyone tell me what is the use of the following fields :

- TYPE (field label being "ReportTyp")

- EXCLUDE (field label being "Exclusive")

- DIRECT (field label being "Direct")

- INHERITED (field label bieng "Inher.")

- FOLDER (field label being "ID")

I need to understand by the use of which transaction these fields are being updated in the table and in which context they are usefull.

Moreover, I have noticed that some of the derived roles I have created do not appear in this table. Can anyone tell me why the derived roles I have created do not appear here ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Regards

Sanddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your derived roles don't show up as they are inheriting their transaction menu contents from the parent role.  If you look in AGR_1251 (and filter on S_TCODE) then you will get the info for parent and child roles (and any other tx that are in S_TCODE for a multitude of reasons). 

AGR_TCODES is useful because it shows the menu contents (which may be transactions, URL's etc) and we can often use it when talking about the general contents of roles.  When we are talking about transactional content it can be of limited accuracy.  As I mentioned above, that is because it doesn't report the full contents of S_TCODE.  I generally refer to AGR_1251 if I want a more detailed/accurate list.

TYPE : denotes the content e.g. TR = Transaction, AQ = Query etc.  Press F4 in the field and you will see all the options.

I've not found a need to dig into the other table contents in the past, I'm sure someone will come along soon to explain (rather than repeat the texts available through F4 or F1!)

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your derived roles don't show up as they are inheriting their transaction menu contents from the parent role.  If you look in AGR_1251 (and filter on S_TCODE) then you will get the info for parent and child roles (and any other tx that are in S_TCODE for a multitude of reasons). 

AGR_TCODES is useful because it shows the menu contents (which may be transactions, URL's etc) and we can often use it when talking about the general contents of roles.  When we are talking about transactional content it can be of limited accuracy.  As I mentioned above, that is because it doesn't report the full contents of S_TCODE.  I generally refer to AGR_1251 if I want a more detailed/accurate list.

TYPE : denotes the content e.g. TR = Transaction, AQ = Query etc.  Press F4 in the field and you will see all the options.

I've not found a need to dig into the other table contents in the past, I'm sure someone will come along soon to explain (rather than repeat the texts available through F4 or F1!)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

first of all thank you so much for your quick answer ! It has been really helpful.

I have an additional question for you : how can I associate a role to a type different from a  transaction (such as the query you mentionned) ?

Is it by using the "report" or "other" buttons in the Menu tab of the PFCG transaction ?

Thank you again

Sanddie

0 Kudos

Hi Sanddie,

yes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4a/c2c19822db2475e10000000a42189c/content.htm?frame...

provides more details.

But not all content is stored in agr_tcodes... agr-buffi exists as well..

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard : thank you very much for your answer.

Do you have any idea of where the fields EXLCUD, DIRECT, INHERITED and FOLDER come from ? And by which transaction they are being updated in the AGR_TCODES table ?

Thank you

sanddie