cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing APO Material in Planning Object Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

During the initial design our APO product - ZPRODUCT- is created from 9AMATNR and its length set to 18 instead of 40. Now, after the system is up and running in production, I need to either change it (if possible) to 40 digits or replace it by new characteristics with length 40. As you expect it is used in everywhere. Has anyone come across with similar situation? what are your suggestions?

Thanks,

Siir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Siir,

You have 2 options as u said. One to change the length or other to replace the whole characteristic. Chnaging length is the easier option. You can just delete data in the data targets it's used and you can change the length. If for changing the whole object, you have to replace in each and every place deleting data in all data targets. Its laborious and time consuming.

For a characteristic length to increase, the data targets int being used should not have any data. Thats is the basic requirement for BW to change data type or length.

So, I woul say the solutions is

1. Go to RSD1 and enter the object name selecting if its char or key figure and click change.

2. Click on the "where used" icon in the info object maintenance screen. Its a block symbol with arrows pointing out to different directions.

3. The system gives you a list of data targets where its used. delete the data in each of these and you can go back to the same maintenance screen(RSD1) and change the length.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. It is in every data target. But, still seems like easier than replacing with whole new characteristics.

Siir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think there is a recent thread on similar lines

Wonder if that helps