cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping question in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing ECC to SNC via SAP PI. I have used the standard Operation Mappings provided by SAP from the SNC SWCV.These standard Mappings have Java Mapping as the underlying mapping, I am facing a strange issue in Purchase Order create scenarios now. The SNC team ha reported that some fields are not getting populated at SNC side. When I look through the Java Mapping, some Fileds mapping is completely ommitted. This is one such field, but when I look through all fields, there are many such fields whose mapping is not provided by standard Java Mappings. Now my question is, since this is Java code, I wanted to rewrite the Java code with the mapping to the missing fields.

Should I go with Java Mapping only or can we completely redo the whole thing in Graphical Mapping, which is much easier to do and maintain in later point of time. Please share your experiences in case you have faced such issue. Some how I feel Grahical is better, it might take a little time initially for the interpretation of Java Mapping and redoing the Graphical mapping.

Awaiting replies.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

do you have  a table or functional specification  which shows the mapping from source to target xml? If you have one, you can try graphical mapping. The reason SAP is providing a java mapping solution for this scenario is the fact that perhaps the mapping is complicated. They have standardised the solution and applying it. If you do not have a table or functional specification which shows mapping conditions then only way, you can convert it to message mapping is by understanding each line of java mapping code.  Thus if you have to interpret the java mapping code (to revert to message mapping) it's better that you include new fields in java mapping itself. This will be lot easier to code and to maintain in future.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

As asked regarding table or functional specification  which shows the mapping from source to target xml, i did not find anything like this. Where do we find these in ESR? Does making changes to the existing code not hit the performance, if the load on PI system increases? Since it is Java Mapping and it is always an over head(this is purely my view).

Aparna

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Does making changes to the existing code not hit the performance, if the load on PI system increases? Since it is Java Mapping and it is always an over head(this is purely my view).

Not necessary java mapping cause overhead and performance issues. As you know all the standard graphical functions are internally coded in Java as that of simple udf .   Since the current design is already has java mapping(not able to handle your requirement with standard functions), I would recommend at this stage to look at the java code and handle accordingly in the java mapping itself. Please share your java mapping code and see if we could help.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Functional specs(FS) are prepared by project members after taking down requirements from the business. If you do not have one , it means you might have to interpret the java mapping code to understand how to convert it to graphical mapping. Java mapping is not an overhead but applied only in complicated cases like this. As you know SAP PI is slowly shifting towards java only stack. Internally all grahical mapping is basically java code. Load in PI increases with size of the payload and not java mapping. There is some dependency between memory utilization between various parsers used for java mapping. For example DOM parser uses more of main memory than SAX parser etc. In your case i feel java mapping will be best solution.

In case you face problems with the java  mapping you can take expert advice from the forum.

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Can you please let me know whether I can chage the standard Java Mapping provided by SAP?

What is the way we will add code to the existing standard Java Mapping.

1) Should we create a new SWCV,create dependency and then edit the standard Java Mapping?

Awaiting your reply.

Aparna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

few more cents...

First you need to check standard mappings output before java mapping generating misisng fields are not.

If data misisng in standard gui mappings then add logic in Graphical mapping or write in Java mapping.

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sripada,

you have to export the java mapping and make the changes according to your need , import the same updated java code in mapping .

Thanks,

Abhay