Did you mean: 

Having problem in Managed Systems configuration in SOLMAN_SETUP

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I just install a solution manager 7.1 SP08 system. I have completed
system preparation and basic configuration and get all green light. However, I
have problem in managed system configuration. For some reason I only see the solution manager ABAP
and JAVA servers showing up in technical systems.  I also installed 7.3 SP2 diagnostics agent in  CRM and BI system but both of them are not
showing up in the Technical Systems tab.  I
can see the BI, CRM and SM system showing up in Databases and Hosts tab. In Hosts
tab, I check the diagnostics agent status and it seems fine for all systems. However, when
I check the host agent status, only the solution manager host agent has green light and
the host status for CRM and BI shows red.  I just wonder is anywhere I should check and
find out what is wrong with the host agent and I think that is the
reason why both systems are not showing in the Technical Systems or Technical
scenarios tab?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lado,

Do one thing go to http://solmanhostname:<5$$00>/sld

check is your BI, CRM system's are available there?

If not go to BI,CRM systems and enter RZ70 and maintain solman details there and check again.

For Diagnostic agents: at the time of managed system's installation have you register your agents in SLD? if not register them with below command

smdsetup sldconf hostname:”solman hostname” port:”50000” user:”SLDDSUSER” pwd:”password”

Thanks,

Venkat

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

1. I checked RZ70 and I found the old solution manager host was still there. Currently I installed a new one to replace the old one instead of upgrade. I modified the setting and changed to the new solution manager host and executed and saved. I check SLD but somehow the CRM and BI system are still not showing up under technical systems. I wonder do I have to manually create the system under technical system?

2.  Since I am working on a development system so I create a local SLD.  I have registered DEV CRM and BI in the local SLD but I re-run the smdsetup anyway just in case something wrong with the solman_setup,  I find out the host status showing red light because the version is not OK.  it is interesting since I thought the latest diagnostics agent will install the latest host agent at the same time but it seems that is not the case. Therefore I manually reinstall the host agent for the CRM and BI system and the host agent status is OK now,  however, the fix doesn't help to solve the first problem. 

Please help.

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I missed the steps using SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK to check. In additon,  I overlook a RFC error in RZ70. After I fixed that and make sure there is no error from  SLDAPICUST and SLDCHECK and the systems are showing up in technical systems tab now. Thanks.

Answers (0)