Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict OM relationship for certain HR users

George_Ch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have certain types of positions (S object) which for succession management are considered super-sensitive. Some of our local HR users can display these positions such as holder (A-008 relationship) but we want to restrcit access to A/B-740 relationship only. We've added a custom flag on these positions to identify them as sensitive but we're struggling on how to proceed in restricting this relationship only.

Would someone have any suggestion or has managed to apply similar restriction on OM relationship level?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi george!

how have you currently configured your PLOG objects for the relevant roles?  it seems to me that you can restrict access on a relationship level via this object:

In my example, I have added display authorization for all relations except A740. can you try doing something similar and add the reverse relations (B740) as well and see if that resolves your issue?

good luck!

0 Kudos

Hello Dimitri,

By doing as you suggest, would this not remove access to 740 relationship for all positions? There is only 100 or so positions which we've flagged as sensitive and only for these we want to apply the restriction. For all other positions, 740 relationship should be visible.

Thank you

0 Kudos

hi again george,

you're right.  I was assuming the A/B740 relation was used specifically for the sensitive positions and that you were using other relations for the not so sensitive positions.

herein lies a possible solution though, you could use a dedicated relation for sensitive positions and authorize accordingly.

I cannot assess whether this will work for you or if there are any other dependencies, but I think it's worth investigating..

what exactly are you using as a custom flag to mark these positions/relations as sensitive?  then again, if it's custom I doubt it can be used as an authorization field.